News

Transporting a car to California from Virginia Beach, VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by azzurribaggio, Apr 8, 2021.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Hello, can anyone recommend a transport company they've used to transport a car from Virginia Beach, VA to California? I'm transporting a normal SUV and not an exotic.

Also will transport companies allow you to put items in the vehicle like small moving boxes and TVs for example?

Thanks in advance!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have heard nothing but good things about Intercity. I used FedEx/Passport several times years ago with a great experience each time.
    I can't see why having some items would be a problem, they just need access to drivers seat.

Admiral Goodwrench likes this.
  4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #3 VGM911, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    These guys transported a car that I purchased in New Mexico last year to my home in New Jersey. Very satisfactory service and competitive price. You'll like Mike.

Mike Newson
    Safeway Car Transport
    800-453-6334

5. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I have used Intercity many times, always without any problems. They may offer a discount to FCA members (not sure). If you do pack small items into the car being transported, make up a detailed inventory of every item and every box, take photos photos photos, and make sure that inventory is part of the driver's manifest so he can sign off on it, at least to the number of boxes.

Admiral Goodwrench likes this.
  6. 67bmer

67bmer Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I recently saw an email about Amtrak car trains up and down the Atlantic coast. I don't know if they would ship your car without being a passenger.

I wanted to send a car to Concorso Italiano and the car transporters were well beyond what I would consider.

I also see ads for Uber freight on Facebook.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    PLYCAR has done good for me lately ...there are many other good companies ..my only suggestion is go direct with a company vs a broker which will just go out for low bid

9. azzurribaggio

All thanks, I did contact intercity and got their quote. I'll try some of the others have mentioned here and get some quotes from them. My timeframe is probably end of May beginning of June.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

10. azzurribaggio

Anyone ever use any of the below?

• AmeriFreight
    • Montway Auto Transport

11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

No, never heard of either, but that doesn't mean anything.

12. To remove this ad click here.