TR.......throttle cable routing? | FerrariChat

TR.......throttle cable routing?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by henryk, Jun 23, 2004.

1. We apologize, our new Classifieds has been intermittently down as we sent an email today that overloaded the system. We'll get it fixed and then you can link from the header "Buy - Sell" or from the email. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    After doing the major, on my 88 TR, and installing the engine, I forgot how the throttle cable is routed. Specifically, between the floor pan exit and the engine.

Is it routed through the round hole, in the crossmember, where the shifter shaft goes through..........over the fuel pumps?

Thanks.

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Hank: As I recall the cable does not go through the hole with the shifter shaft, but goes through an "eyelet" that attaches at the air pump. I believe mine was above the fuel pumps, in the same area as the heater and air conditioner hoses that go through the center of the car. I took a lot of pics when I did my major...but alas none of them show what your asking for.....figures don't it?! Did you get the headers and half shafts in yet?

3. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Jeff: Even though I removed the air pump, etc., I did install the air pump bracket, so that I could use the throttle cable eyelet, to route the cable to the top of the engine.

My concern is where the throttle cable goes, from the exit of the floor pan, to the eyelet.

I installed the headers on the right side.......will now install the half shaft. I notice that there are 2 size bolts on the half shafts.........one long, and one shorter. Am I correct in assuming that the longer bolts (Allen head) go into the trans fixture.........and, the shorter bolts (hex head) go into the wheel end?

Thanks.

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hmmm....don't know about the half-shaft bolts as I've not had mine apart. Hopefully somebody will speak up about them.