TR Dash Template | FerrariChat

TR Dash Template

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by c4b4the04, Dec 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Hi all,

Working on a new one for myself. Will be cutting it out on a CNC mill so I had to draw the file. Thought you might like to have a copy for the future. I can't seem to upload the Autocad file here. Here is the file for Autocad 2020.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb0icu3mqzcyk30/testarossa_dash_pattern.dwg?dl=0

I found the corrugated plastic panel at a local hardware store. The grain/ribs are running the opposite direction than I would like. Going to experiment with wood and plastic to see which I like better. Bought a replacement leather with fold-feld seam stitching on eBay, looks nice (but of course doesn't have any UV protective elements, we hopefully will see a good result) and is not factory. I won't be winning Coppa GT anytime soon so I am ok with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-STITCH-TOP-VENT-DASH-DASHBOARD-LEATHER-COVER-FITS-FERRARI-TESTAROSSA-84-91/391927624514?epid=694059874&hash=item5b40b4f342:g:eW4AAOSwol5Yz9Ir

I will also use similar foam underneath to recreate the feel and appearance.

Hopefully this will help someone down the line.

Ciao,
    Cassidy

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I think masonite is a far better choice I have made quite a few.

3. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Good advice. Not much heavier and much flatter. I’ll run that through the mill too. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Shamile likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

6. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy

Just black. Car is Crema e Nero interior. I love that combo. The rest of the interior is very nice, just that pesky shrinking. The original owner painted the plastic panel black where it shrunk. Actually not a bad 'cheap' fix.

My biggest job to do while it is apart is to remove all the Federalization components someone grafted in when the car was brought to the US. There is a weird series of relays and a buzzer that comes on when the dome light is on. Weird. I'll be glad to have that back to European specs

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Great stuff!! I assume there is no chance that u will be asked again to have those federalization part on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Correct! The car was imported in 1988 and was owned by the import dealer in NY. They never even titled it until it sold in 2001! Love the Euro models most of all, as I have an 88 with no mousetrap seat belts, cats, air pump, O2 sensors, etc. At some point when I respray the front bumper, I will have the add-on lights removed too. It is registered as an Antique so I don't have any need. Obviously keeping it all but not expecting to need it.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Euro models didn’t have cats for the early year not 88 to my knowledge, so I assume u don’t have precats but have cats,no?

10. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Good question. It looks like header pipes right to the resonators. Doing a clutch this winter and I will know for sure. When I dropped the motor/frame for the belt service I never even had to remove the exhaust. It looks straight through to me, car was an early 88 (monodado) Italian delivery if that matters. I know those days were all over the place on emissions stuff.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Rifledriver would know...;)

12. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

So I found a piece of .175 Grade A1 plywood with zero warp. It is probably a piece I’ve had for 20 years in the shop. Perfect for this as it hasn’t warped in all these years, it won’t now.

Cut came out flawlessly first time. For reference, this is a 48”x48” panel router.

I ordered some stainless steel screen material for the underside although what arrived is a bit heavier weight than I’d like. A spot welded tab broke off of the vent trim when I removed it and I ordered solderweld to repair it. Saw that stuff at SEMA and been looking for a reason to order some anyway. Perfect for this application and I’ll re-wrinkle coat if necessary. I redrew the vents and was planning on 3D printing in carbon fiber but it’s not worth the effort honestly.

Cassidy

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app