Tour the Ferrari Factory, a Creampuff's Guide | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Tour the Ferrari Factory, a Creampuff's Guide

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Puff, May 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slewman

slewman Karting

May 4, 2004

There is free wifi in the grande piazza of Modena.

2. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    We rented from Hertz and used their Neverlost (Magellan) GPS and it worked great. Only issue we had was that it didn't know about the new car park for the ferry in Venice. Other than that, it was flawless and took lots of pressure off the trip.

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Charlie, Monte, it's a shame we missed you guys too, Eugenio was going to stand up in the meeting centre and ask who was from Ferrarichat but felt that was a bit OTT.

Charlie that was my 599 outside, I thought it was there for the duration but maybe the last Bus hadn't returned when we set off to go to the Galleria and stores etc

regards

4. J2J

J2J Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2008
    #129 J2J, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
    I'm touring the factory on 6/14...very excited. Question for you guys...were any of you guys successful in moving up a date you previously got? I asked for the actual week I am scheduled to be in Italy but got the Monday after (staying an extra day specifically for the tour but would love to move it up if possible)..any suggestions? Also, I set up my tour through my dealer...anything I need to do to let them know I am an owner (does it matter?) or do they know it already (i.e. - Dealers only set up for current customers?)....thoughts?

5. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Wish I could be more help but I got the date requested. The actual coordination went thru Ferrari of North America. They had to verify the ownership but it wasn't too difficult of a process.

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Call FNA and see if they can help you out! Here is the number 201 816 2600. Have fun!

Robert

7. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #133 greyboxer, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
    There's an ok business hotel about five miles due west which discounts to USD 70 approx at weekends

Hotel: My Hotels Executive
    City: Fiorano Modenese

Another tip are these useful online discount websites for Italian hotels www.caupona.com & www.venere.com

9. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Stayed there a few times and it's OK, fairly basic with no restaurant, only a short taxi ride away to the Montana/ Cavalino though :)

10. romeo50

romeo50 Rookie

Jun 24, 2008
    I am looking into a tour done by luxurycartours.com for Oct. It looks great and ready to sign up. Has anyone done a Ferrari drive tour through Italy? This tour is hosted by race driver Bill Adam and includes a day at a track with Bill outside of Rome. It seems like great luxury hotels have been included along the way with your own Ferrari to drive for the week. Limited to a small group. Anyone interested in going with me in Oct. It appears to be a variation of a tour/drive experience that I received from Cavallion Magazine and also can be found in Ferrrariportal.com

11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I just found this site and it will be very helpful. I am planning on taking the famiily on a tour this June. I see that they say no one under 16 yrs old but WetPet's son looked younger. Was he able to go on the tour? My youngest will almost be 12 and there is no way I could take a tour without him.

12. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the factory however they can go in the Museum which is a short distance away.

13. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunetly Wetpet is banned and wouldnt be able to tell you how him and his son got in. :(

14. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I talked to the lady at Ferrari North America today and there is a three person limit and my son cannot go. She said the tour is only 90 minutes so I guess I can just take my daughter and let the wife and son hang in town. Now I need to see if there is a tour available during the few days we are there.

15. yas

yas Rookie

Jun 8, 2009
    What is FoW stand for?
    Anybody got Mary's email?

16. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    Ferrari of washington. you don't have any info in your profile. if you are an owner, call your local dealer or FNA.

17. FLVICE

FLVICE Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2006
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Have a question that hopefully someone can answer.... . I am planning to visit Italy this year. Okay.. so you have to own a Ferrari to get the factory Tour. I have a 1985 308QV. Does this qualify me? Or do I have to have an "In" with the dealer / dealership that recently sold me a shiny new 430? ( I don't own a 430)

Do I have to go through F.O.W. or can my local dealer assist me with the request? Does it cost anything??? Is my Title & Registration proof that I own one?

Thanks in advance.

18. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    You should be able to go through your local dealer. Showing them your title and registration is proof enough. They (local dealer) will submit the info to Ferrari North America and will work out available dates/times with you. You will then get a confirmation notice and other information directly from FNA.

Mike

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  20. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    Right, looking forward for seeing what cars will be displayed here

21. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I'm definitely curious to what vehicles will be displayed in this museum.