TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!! | Page 17 | FerrariChat

TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by arshad, May 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    done..stick a fork in it!

2. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    James, what happened -- I thought you guys were going to bring 3-4 cars? You definitely missed out buddy. Hopefully you can make it out to the next one!

3. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Arshad,the problem was,the customers decided to drive there cars on the weekend ,James did not want to show up in his Dodge Caravan.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman

I thought he had a skoda

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Cool. Can I have first dibs on taking over the buy back after you're done? I don't mind sloppy seconds!

6. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    leo had my porsche and i got food poisoning friday night(woo-hoo!@) my buddy and his viper showed up though,tony still showed up in his mondial t as well.

7. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    was it black or copper viper?

8. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    I think it was the copper one, since it had an AUTOFORUM licence plate frame.

9. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    ohhh yaaaa, i remember it now, i talked to him a lot during the day, he's a pretty nice guy, didn't catch his name though...

10. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Doug in the copper SRT/10.

Shawn in the Black RT/10.

11. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Did not really see the Viper's much,only in my rear view mirror..hehe :)

12. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  13. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

of course it did, with a tr blasting through the gears so perfect, with that exhaust note, how could it not grab attention.

Wow, the guy that shifted that car, with that sound must really know how to drive that thing......impressive.

14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Amazing point! That TR is something especially with that driver but the music seems to be getting some complaints.

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Yeah the music needs to be about 50% less obvious to hear the cars abit better.

16. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I wanted to more editing as well but this was just a nice quick video. Car sounds amazing by the way.

17. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Thanks, i dont think ive heard my car sound that good ever......thanks for sharing !!!!

18. Mr. Corporate

Mr. Corporate Rookie

Mar 31, 2005
    owned :D

Too bad i missed it! Would i have still been able to come with a 350Z? Cut me some slack guys, i'm only 22 :)

19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    WHAT ?????

NO !!!!

20. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Now that you asked them to cut some slack they will come down on you hard! Well you're 22 and im 16 and trust me this forum will eat you alive.

21. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Hi there! I responded to you on the other forum as well, but just to reiterate:

I'm sorry, but we have to have a cut off on what cars we allow. I realize there are a lot of car enthusiasts out there, and in this past run I had many requests from people with M5's and AMG's and other cars, but once we make one exception than we have to allow everyone. Is the guy driving a beat up old CRX any less of an enthusiast than yourself?

The problem with arbitrarily allowing people is a) the group gets too large and b) it turns off actual owners so all your left with is a large group of non-exotics/minivans and a handful of exotics. I think what made this last run so much fun was the quality of the turnout.

For our next run, I expect higher interest in participation and quite frankly it becomes a nightmare trying to keep a large group like that together. I think around 50-60 cars is pretty much the limit. Beyond that it becomes too difficult making arrangements for lunch, finding suitable lots with large enough parking to stop for breaks etc.

My suggestion if you'd like to join is to ask here and see if you can get in as a passenger with one of the owners.

22. Mr. Corporate

Mr. Corporate Rookie

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion, i think that'd work! By the way, how about camera cars? Or do those have to be exotics as well? Also, when's the next run?

23. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    The camera cars don't have to be exotics. In this case, we had a pro group join us and they brought a mustang convertible so that they could stand up in the backseat to get some nice shots.

There will probably be numerous get-togethers this summer, but the next big one that I'm planning will be a "Colours of Fall" run in September.

24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I must get a seat for that one if I can make it!

25. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Just talked to the video guys. They've been busy with some other stuff, but hope to have the Spring Fling video edited by end of this week. I'll post up the link here once it's completed.