TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!! | FerrariChat

TORONTO SPRING FLING 2006!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by arshad, May 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Gentlemen, this is the signup for the combined Ferrari + NSX Spring Fling. We had a blast last fall when we did forks of the credit+hockley valley with about 30 cars, and this time around should be even better!

Date: Sat June 10th
    Time: Meet 9am, Leave 10am
    Route description:

www.manta.ca/springfling/

The actual drive will start near Canada's Wonderland, and will head up towards Orillia where we will do an exhilirating 33km stretch of road that is full of curves, elevation changes, and blind corners. Speed limit is 60km/h, but we will probably be averaging around 80km/h and will do the road in both directions. After that we break for a group lunch, and then convoy back home. Note that there will be rest stops along the way to regroup/swap passengers etc.

Total mileage from start to end will be approx 400+km's. Sorry Garage Queens!

Full details will be privately emailed to participants once route is finalized.

If you're interested in joining us, please respond on this thread so I can get an estimate of cars/people. Other exotics are also welcome. Please fill out the following:

Name:
    Make/Model/Colour:
    Confirmed: (y/n)
    Bringing Guest? : (y/n)
    Joining us for Lunch? : (y/n)

If you have a cell phone number that you'd like to share with other participants, then please PM it to me.

I'm looking forward to another great run with everyone here!

2. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Sounds like a plan! Im out of town the weekend before then, but the 27th should be fine....can't wait, sounds like a wild route.

Steve
    Blue 550
    90% confirmed
    I have a guest
    If Im there for the drive, Im there for lunch.....

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    If someone is willing to toss me a ride I will hopefully be able to make it out, thanks in advance.

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    My sons 7th birthday that weekend.

I will have to decline.

Moses.

5. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Wow Arshad, that sounds like an amazing event! I'd love to come along for the drive and take some pictures for you guys. If anyone would happen to have an open seat for the day would it be possible for me to attend the drive with you? Thanks very much!

Lucas Scarfone
    Nikon D70, Black
    Definatly In
    No Guest
    In for lunch as well

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I have a wedding and a house closing that weekend. Worse part about it is im in the bridal party. Thanks for reminding me :(

You guys have fun. Arshad, you really know how to start a party dude. I look forward to joining you on the next run.

Vasco

7. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    always the brides maid, never the bride...

Dont worry...it'll all come together

8. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Rick/Vasco: I'm really disappointed that you guys won't be able to make it out. Now we need to find another TR!

Lucas: We would be honoured to have you out there taking pics of the event! I'm positive there will be a seat available for you in one of the cars. I was planning on bringing a friend, but if need be, I'll kick him out and you can ride with me :)

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Well, Vasco really is not a surprise so you shouldnt be disappointed at all. :)

Moses

10. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    I'm interested in attending, if anybody has a seat open. I will re-confirm closer to the date. Much like Steve, if I'm there, I'll attend the lunch.

Arshad if this is anything like last year's run, it'll be fantastic. Thanks for planning this event.

11. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    sounds interesting..arshad, how many cars are in so far?

got room for 1 non f-car? :)

12. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Dead-Eye: If you're referring to the P-car, sure bring it along! Ian is also bringing his 911 out. So far we only have about 8 cars, but I'm expecting around 30 once everyone has chimed in.

Andrew: I'm expecting this to be even better than last year's event with a lot more "fun" driving involved :)

13. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Thanks arshad, i was goign to pull my engine and do some tinkering to it, but i'll put it off till after the cruise...unless your not morally opposed 2 letting me bring an RX-8 or G35 :)

14. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Dead-Eye: I'd like to restrict it to exotics if possible, thanks!

15. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    haha, fair enuff. So the roads are good eh, anyone got a camcorder i can strap to my cage :)

16. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

Sounds like a blast. I think this might mean a long day on my part. :) Hope it doesn't rain (not sure I'd want to make that trek twice in a weekend).

17. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    I'll be checking the weather forecast going into the event, and if there's a decent chance of showers, I'll post an update for all participants and reschedule to the rain date.

18. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Don't think I can make it either guys, Ferrari track day is the Friday and the annual FCA concours is the Sunday. Too much for one week-end...but hey, you'll have alot of mini vans there!

19. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Name: Thomas
    Make/Model/Colour: Depends on Driver
    Confirmed: Yes
    Bringing Guest? : No
    Joining us for Lunch? : Yes
    Looks like the crowd has shown and I don't wanna miss this event.

20. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im in

Paul Newman
    82 512 BBi
    yes ill be there
    with a guest
    lunch too.

Perfect, ends up near my house so its a short run home and thats the frist time Ive been fortunate to live up north. And Sunday will be the concours, perfect weekend.

21. sweets

sweets Karting

Oct 3, 2004
    Markham
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Gentlemen, unfortunately I DO NOT own an F-car however being around exotics is truly an expeience, I would love to be there. My very first Ride out was with Robert (Nuvolari)a few years back,and this is something I will never forget. None the less, If you guys could post some more details, I'd love to come by and take a few pics. I've been to quite a few of the events, and they are amazing. I know it kinda seems strange even mentioning it,seeing how most of you have never met me. but if anyone needs a co pilot, I'd love to be there. Lucas, hope to see you there. Keep up the great work!!

22. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Sweets: Ask around, I'm sure there will be some free seats available for passengers.

Paul: Excellent! Do you live near Orillia or Bracebridge by any chance? Will you be able to help with the lunch setup? I need someone local to help find a suitable restaurant (able to accomodate large group, large safe parking lot, close to highway).

23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Just a heads up, I can get a ride to the starting point of the drive, I would just need to tag along on the actual ride. If you have an empty spot hopefully you can pm me or anything like that, thanks in advance.

24. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Arshad, would you like me to invite a couple of my friends with exotics?

25. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    ^ please tell me its some of the cars you've been photographing :)

Arshad, mind if i bring some more porsche's?