Toronto Fall Cruise 2006 - Pics & Videos! | FerrariChat

Toronto Fall Cruise 2006 - Pics & Videos!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by arshad, Sep 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Well gentlemen, it's that time of year again! It seems just yesterday when we had that fantastic turnout for the spring fling. This time we are planning a route through some really great back roads in the muskoka region. The autumn colours are spectacular at this time of year and will make this a memorable drive!

Last time out we had over 50 cars register for the drive. This time, we may need to cap the number of cars due to accomodations for lunch for such a large group. As before, participants are restricted to Ferrari's, NSX's, Lamborghini's and other high end exotics only. (Of course friends/regulars such as DeadEye, imacarther, raisin and others are more than welcome, and I hope you guys can join us!)

Date: Sat Sep 30th
    Time: pre-meet 9:30 am, drive start 10:30am
    Where: Near Canada's Wonderland

For the latest details, please check the official website: www.manta.ca/fallcruise

Please post with the following info if you are joining us:

Name:
    Make/Model:
    Colour:
    Bringing Guest?:
    Joining for lunch?:
    Bringing FRS radio?:

2. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I will most likely be there again! Would anyone be willing to lend me a seat?

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Thanks so much for organising this event again Arshad, it is always the highlight of the season! It should be a great cruise with some amazing scenery. If someone has an open seat I would greatly appriciate it. If I can get a ride for the cruise me + my D70 will be there ;)

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'll be there. Hopefully in the Diablo SV.

5. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    That yellow one at Autoforum?...sweet!

Put me down, I'm in unless I'm out of town...Ive sort of been at the mercy of buisness lately....

Steve
    Blue 550
    Guest yes
    Lunch yes
    Radio no

6. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Lucas, you are the official event photographer, so you better be there :)

Gentlemen: The guys who did the video last time around are going to come with more cameras this time. We'd like to spread 3-4 cameramen in different cars to get more angles/vantage points during the run. If you have a spare seat for a cameraman, please let me know. Thanks.

Steve: Heck, I'm moving 4 days after this event and I'm still organizing it so you better not come up with any excuses. :D

Tom: What colour, will you have a guest, and will you be attending lunch?

Also, can people contact some of the guys who came out last time who are not on FChat? eg. Rock, Ed in the Vanquish S, Doug in the SRT-10, Tom's friend with the VT+Testarossa etc. I don't have contact info for any of these guys and would love to have them join us again!

James: Spread the word amongst your clients man! Lets get another great turnout!

7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    mmmh ... is an XK8 considered a top end exotic? Tell me it's too crappy of a car, so I don't have to debate driving over from Montreal or not!

8. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Don't worry I'll be there for sure! Also, I just sent the website to my friend with the amazing blue Gallardo, I'll let you know if he can come out.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Im in.

Guest..yes.
    Lunch..Yes
    Radio.. No.

If my wife cannot attend, I will have an open seat....i'll hold a seat open for Ammz.

10. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Hi Zorro. The XK8 is NOT considered a crappy car at all, but I would like to keep it restricted to Ferrari's, NSX's and Lambo's and any other high end exotics for now. If we open it up to other cars the group will get too large and it's difficult to keep the cars together/arrange for break points with adequate parking/lunch reservations etc. Sorry about that.

11. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    aw man. i don't think i'll be able 2 come down this time, my car hasn't been fixed yet though.

any newcommers who are going on arshad's run will have one HELL of a good time! He puts toghether some of the best runs i've ever been on, bar none.

12. CDN_Wolf_eh

CDN_Wolf_eh Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ... Hey at least you got an invite! LOL

13. DeAd-EyE

DeAd-EyE Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    lol..mark don't take it personally..as he said and i can testify to last time..there was a LOT of cars last time and it was tough to manage.

also i didn't get an official invite this time..i just assumed i was grandfathered in from the last run :D

anyhow..anyone got an open seat? i'll bring some anti OPP countermeasures (electronic jamming gear...no mini-gun..sorry guys)

14. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Vasco, you going to come out this time and prove to everyone you're REAL? :)

15. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Don't even try! LOL There is no way in hell Vasco will show... ;)

16. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    HI Arshad,
    I will be attending the drive for lunch and bringing a guest.
    1991 348 TS,RED
    No radio,would not be able to hear,TUBI exhaust too loud :)

17. bimmian

bimmian Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Name: Ian
    Make/Model: F355S
    Colour:Black
    Bringing Guest?: Yes
    Joining for lunch?: Yes
    Bringing FRS radio?: ... if i can find my charger! ...

18. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Unfortunately not bro. No car, no show. You guys have fun as I am sure you will.

I will remain a mystery LOL!

V..

19. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    I am trying to get the day off so we'll see. so if i can here is the list.

car-2004 Ferrari 360 spider
    guest-yes
    lunch-always hungry
    radio-no they remind me of cops

20. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    You're not getting off that easily! I'm sure we can find you a seat with someone, so keep that day free! :D

21. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Awesome! What colour is the 360?

How about your brother? If you can pass the word along to any of your friends/customers that would be great too! We've got about 20 cars signed up over the weekend so far, and I'd like to see it around 40 or so by the cruise date... Spread the word! :D

22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am spreading the word...somewhat :p

23. CDN_Wolf_eh

CDN_Wolf_eh Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    lol ... not too worry, I understand ... but I find it kinda odd that the Corvette guys can organize 100+ car cruises (been on a couple myself) ... and Ferrari / Porche guys can't ... lol Although the starting and ending locations need to be able to handle that kind of volume ... so it can be a bit of work ... Well have fun all!

24. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    As you pointed out Mark, the biggest problem is being able to accomodate that many people and cars at the start, stop and any locations in the middle where we break. On a short cruise where you go from a mall parking lot to another mall, it's easy to deal with 100 cars. When you're travelling 150+ km's and need at least 1 appropriate stopping point in the middle with nearby gas station and arrange for lunch for 100+ people, it starts to get difficult.

At the last event, my biggest challenge after planning the route was simply making lunch arrangements. Most places can't set aside seating for that large a group, and the few private places that could (eg. country clubs etc) usually carry their own restrictions as we found out last time. (ie. room rental, restricted menu's, dress code, etc).

Keeping the cars together is a challenge but if you have enough people volunteering to lead, you can always break it up into smaller run groups of 10-15 cars with a lead and sweeper with radio's. Getting people to volunteer is another story ;)

Anyhow, the point is, the larger the group, the more difficult it is to organize. It's certainly possible to set up cruises with 100+ cars, but it's hard to pull off smoothly. Personally, I'm still having difficulty with 50 cars, but hopefully with enough events under our belts we can expand this and set up larger cruises in the future.

25. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    i'll ask my brother, and i've spoken to doug both of them are trying to still figure out if they can make it, and the 360 is silver.