Top 5 detailers in so cal? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Top 5 detailers in so cal?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Edward 96GTS, Jul 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Snows vinyl. Doug isnthe master of masters. Just did my 360 yesterday. Amazing

2. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You have created drama in the past, so that is not exactly true.

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    One of the great things about Fchat is the ability to get referrals from other enthusiasts. Let's keep this thread positive so that people can make their own choices. Lots of good people mentioned in this thread so no need for drama. :)

4. Yellow996

Yellow996 Rookie

May 18, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    F-chat has been a wealth of knowledge, and the referrals are great.

My vote is for Jason. He worked tirelessly what seemed like sunrise to sunset, and the results were amazing.

5. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok. I'm stunned by the consensus of opinion reflected on this thread...Jason sounds amazing.

Details???

What kind of lead time should one expect?

With so many already using his services, is he taking new clients?

Does he have any unusual requirements?

6. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    For what it is worth, I did try using Xtreme Mobile Detailing recently on my 288 GTO and the person assigned to the car didn't realize you don't hose down an engine compartment with water. Unfortuantely, a car that just recently completed a 1500 mile trip between Palm Springs and the San Francisco Bay Area (and some driving around) without a problem would no long run because of water in the distributors, air filters, etc. After taking all the likely items apart water could have got into, things were back to normal, but it never should have happened in the first place. I assume the company has people that know what they are doing as they were at the Ferrari Club of America event in Palm Springs. I just didn't get a person that did.

Steve

7. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    About six months ago I finally decided to let someone other than myself touch my Black Z06 Vette. I bought it new and over 8 years drove only 14K miles. Always garaged, I would tackle a section myself from time to time until completed.

One day a friend of mine (these stories always seem to start out this way) convinced me to let his detail guy do my car. I agreed and the guy worked hours inside my hangar doing the work (the hangar has just two special lights which fill the entire hangar with light). When I returned, it looked amazing...inside the hangar! We settled up and away he went. I backed the car out of the hangar, exited to lock up the hangar and got my first natural sunlight look! :eek: :eek:
    What a complete mess :eek:

The guy wasn't inexpensive, so my first thought was to call him back...but that idea quickly passed as I realized he might come back and finish off my car for good... irreversible damage. The followup detail, of course, was much more as the remedial work took additional time.

I guess the salient point here is friends are great, but when it comes to your car's finish, consult a chat line like this one or a person with the same detailing standards and expectations as you. We spend a fortune for the car, in part because of how it looks...one detailing nightmare can negate the whole enjoyment and experience!

Thanks for the thread.

8. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Mark;

Call Jason. 805 233-2237or email [email protected]

If you are on OC PM me. Maybe I can arrange for you to meet Jason during one if his visits to my home.

9. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the number. I'm a little out of the OC, but not too far. Plastique999 is near, we could probably car pool to save the environment. I'll PM you later. Thanks again :)

10. ScudLife

ScudLife Karting

Nov 19, 2012
    SoCal
    Jason is the man! He did a awesome job on my car. He's very professional and a stand up guy. Spent over 10 hours doing touch ups and an amazing polish job. Will have him back out as soon as I have a clear bra installed.

11. Tricycle

Tricycle Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    LA Cnty 4,083sqmiles
    Is Jason still in business?

I have left over 4 messages in the last few weeks with no reply.

I would have have expected a least a "Sorry I'm all booked for the next few month" but .....nothing

12. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    Jason is amazing and I can't recommend him enough!

Just make sure you all don't take up all his availability toward the end of this year when I need him to come back out again :D

13. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Tricycle
    Jason is indeed still in business. As a matter of fact he is at my home as I write this.

14. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
  15. Tricycle

Tricycle Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    LA Cnty 4,083sqmiles
    Thanks all. Jason got a hold of me yesterday.

16. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Reviving this older thread. Been emailing Jason as well but no reply. Seems like a very busy guy.

Does anyone have recommendations for a detailer, specifically on the LA Westside. Prefer someone with their own facility (mobile doesn't work as I'm in a condo) and not too far from Marina del Rey/Venice/Culver City area.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

17. Superior Shine

Superior Shine Karting

Jul 4, 2006
    Arcadia, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe
  18. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    So what's the wait time for Jason approximately? I need my 355 detailed...

19. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Give him a call. He will be in the OC at my house the week of 3/7. He makes my whole fleet shine like no other.

20. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I use two gentleman. Jason just detailed my 675LT last month and there is also Freddy who owns International Detail on Barry Avenue (off Olympic Blvd). The office number is (310) 312-8989. They're both excellent.

21. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I use two gentleman. Jason just detailed my 675LT last month and there is also Freddy who owns International Detail on Barry Avenue (off Olympic Blvd). The office number is (310) 312-8989. They're both excellent.

22. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #98 koisokok, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. White rock

White rock Karting

Oct 23, 2013
    White Rock BC
    Anybody know any top detail shops in the Palm Desert/Indian Wells area. Thanks

24. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    FYI - Jason responds better to text messages.

I use Jason for my car and have won top awards (see my public profile) thanks to his work. Highly recommended.