tom shaunessey | FerrariChat

tom shaunessey

Discussion in 'Who's Who in Ferrari Universe' started by bitzman, Oct 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If they made a movie like Raiders of the Lost Arc where the arc was replaced by a Ferrari, then Tom Shaunessey would have to be the consultant. He who has become famous in Ferrari circles for finding Ferraris in barns. I saw one video where he was accompanied in the unearthing by no less a personage than Freeman Thomas, the famous car designer (who is actaully a Porsche fan topmost but can appreciate the excitement of a barn find) . Tom at one time wanted to be Mr. Lamborghini, but somewhere got his vision readjusted to see only Ferraris and at one car show after another I see a thoroughbred Ferrari with a light coat of dust (and artfully applied spyder webs) and know he's found another treasure.
    His secrets haven't been spelled out completely but I gather earlier on he sold Borrani wire wheels and maybe that led owners of old Ferraris to his door. I dunno. But anyway he has far and away outstripped the competition and I can't wait until the next Ferrari event to see what other treasure he has found...

His ultimate find was a Devin bodied race car on ebay for ounder $27000, happened to be a long lost 340 America underneath. And tho it didn't have the proper engine, he happened to have that engine in storage.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ditto, Tom knows his stuff probably better than anyone else!

I remember that frame he spotted and bought. Who else would have ever known it was from a long-gone collectible F-car?