Thoughts on a used Sea Doo versus a used Waverunner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on a used Sea Doo versus a used Waverunner

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by MVDESQ, Jul 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I have a lead on a 2010 Yamaha Deluxe which includes a trailer. Supposedly has under 40 hours. However, i found out today Yamaha's require valve adjustments unlike Sea Doo. Is this a big deal to do (costly)?

2. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I have heard that a valve check is recommended at 200 hours, but I honestly don't know anyone that's done them or ever had a problem. Perhaps companies that rent units do that.

3. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Sea Doo all the way. 2012 and newer GTI model is the way to go. The 130HP engine is incredibly reliable and easy to service. I have a 2013 and a 2015 - the 2013 has over 150 hours on it and runs better than it ran when it was new. The 2015 is still breaking in at 50 hours. Again - great machines. Sea Doos also handle significantly better than the Yamahas, ride both and you'll likely agree. I've always felt the Sea Doos felt like you were part of the machine - rather than the Yamaha's, which feel more like the steering is simply controlling what feels like a rudder underneath you.