The Soccer Thread! | FerrariChat

The Soccer Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Jun 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Just wanted to bug Vasco !!! The CDN brd has been very quite today without you, I figured you were to busy watching the football game on the tele.

Please tell me it aint so Vasco, you gave up the brd for the day for the football game did you .

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    With Italy gone(my team), I hope Portugal wins the Euro cup.
    Figo played a very good game and that guy Christiano Ronaldo has skills and I mean SKILLS.

3. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    This euro cup is the worst ever, all becaude England was given the boot to portugal... i hope they lose to greece!

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO England who?!?!?! Heheh. Awe c'mon don't be so bitter, even the blokes in Portugal were celebrating along side the Portuguese even though they lost. It's all fun and games.

YEAH BABAY. Rick of course I took the day off from Ferrarichat to go see the game! Which also meant I wasnt at work.

JohnT Thanks for the nice comments, Portugal deserves it. We aint so bad, we are a world class team that hasen't been able to get it together for years until now. It was sad to see Italy go because they are always exciting to watch.

And yeah, Figo and Ronaldo were great yesterday!

OLEEEE OLE OLE OLEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vasco.R

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I figured as much, glad you got to enjoy the game and its results.
    Vasco,I gotta ask the burning question though.....if Portugal loses on Sunday does this mean that Portugese people will run to Danforth and carry the Greek flag instead?
    LOL.....just joshing !!!

6. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

HAHAAH uuuuhhh no. We only become Brazilian during the World Cup when Portugal loses. We're not that bad eheheh.

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

My Brasilian wife and I are going to watch the game on Sunday and cheer for Portugal.......probably in a Greek restaurant...........heh. There's only one Portuguese place in Calgary and it will already be packed before we get out of bed !!

8. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

HEY KDS long time no talk, how is business!!! Tudo bem meu? Um abraco para ti e a tua mulher! Viva Portugal!

Ciao amigo.

Vasco.R

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    TODAY IS THE DAY BOYSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

It was a great competition and an honour to be the host nation! For those who attended I hope all had a great time in my country. Congrats to Greece for their win!

Vasco.R

11. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I still can't believe Greece won. Such boring game to watch. Looked like they were at least 16-17 defending, and somehow the 2 guys and half going for the goal almost nailed each time. Lesson of the day ... tall guys score goals. Oh yeah, and don't miss the opportunities you have (hint to C. Ronaldo ...).

So Kds? How did you manage to keep your dignity in a greek restaurant? I hope they offered you the meal to celebrate! LMAO

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Well.....the bill was large enough that they made us feel good......we ended up with more than a few free drinks too.....boring game though.....as far as soccer matchs go.

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I just think BIG RED jinxed us by starting this thread waaay too early! ;-)

14. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hey come on......you dont really believe that do you ????
    They lost well enough on there own...lol.
    So sorry Vasco, hey its only a game...sorry two games they lost to Greece.HEHEHEHEHE.

Better luck next time !!!
    if not, theres always Brazil, Agentina, Italy in the world cup you can cheers for. Im still cheering for our CDN team...

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Its time to make a proper thread for this thing since the other thread gets hijacked all the time.

My perdiction............Brasil, Argentina done by round 2...........pack it up now, its just easier for the fans.

My $2 is going onto England, maybe Germany..........and would love to see France take it in the Arse like they did in 98.

16. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Italy will win the World Cup, Brazil will be the beaten finalist.

Player who will score the most goals in the World Cup: Toni or Ronaldinho.

17. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    ENGLAND!!!!!!!

18. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Im hoping for a Italy vs. England final with Italy winning the Cup.

19. Inman11

Inman11 Karting

May 28, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    TJ
    England is winning it!!! My home country:D:D
    Also, Brazil friendly today, Ronaldo limps off.
    4 DAYS 19 HOURS 23 MINUTES AND 25 SECONDS

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Good call with the thread Rick. I was thinking the same thing.

May the best team win! ;)

21. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I was reading an article about the World cup in the Newspaper on the plane this morning and it mentionned that what made the World Cup so attractive and fun to watch was that you can expect a few surprises and can never predict the winner from the get go. Although Brazil seems to be the favourites, they could win just as much as fall early. We'll have to wait and see!

With that said, my french canadian origins make me root for France so Vive les bleus!

22. AzN-TriNi

AzN-TriNi Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2004
    My country is in the world cup for the first time. That's right, Trinidad and Tobago. But I fear they're going to get spanked by england, sweden and paraguay by 5 goals each =(

Oh well, I want Netherlands to win, they have good players but they always seem to under achieve. I don't want Brazil to win again, because then every partime-football-fan who thinks they know about football would think that the world cup or football in general is boring and predictable. I would also like Spain to do well, they tend to under achieve a lot too.

23. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    #23 gerritv, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I dont think the USA is getting past Italy and the Czech Rep. They should beat Ghana (I think everyone in the group will) but Italy and the Czech Rep. are just to good for the USA.

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    The U.S is in?