The Resurrection of #22579 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The Resurrection of #22579

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by willrace, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    What Ferrari? Ok well when I get one Rock is an option (I've known him for a number of years). GranTurismo is also a good option for me (this thread doesnt hold a lot of water for me). I can tell you that I definitely will NOT be going to Ferrari of Ontario.

Chris

2. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    +1 phh clueless..

Dave, we can agree on that but I'm still seeing the OP's point with regard to this 400.. What a mess.

3. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    come on be nice, were just having fun

4. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    big red

they are all nice in texas and they smile at each other because they all have guns.

5. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    ..and thank god for that, I'd hate to have to protect myself from a home intruder with just a seal club :)

6. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    an ex-texan here in toronto told me that, no road rage. Smile the guy next to you may have a bigger gun, true or false?

7. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    I was in Houston to do a ppi on a daytona coupe and it was a very nice city but man was it hot

8. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    we use broken beer bottles as weapons here

9. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    False. Texas people are cool as hell for the most part. ..just don't break into our homes or you'll leave horizontally..

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah its a little warm in July, August, and September but October through December and March through June.....<sigh> heaven. My rose bushes bloom in February.

Please don't tell anyone, we don't want more people moving here and spoiling it.

11. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    I once went to Mi to pick up a fiberglass 308 and the owner brought out his guns for show and tell, he then offered to test fire them outside.

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As it should be.

13. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 16, 2006
    I'm led to believe that hell isn't an overly cool place (either literally or figuratively speaking) ...

14. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    you guys need some canuck down there, we invented twist off beer bottles.
    too many beer drinkers up here were breaking their front teeth

15. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Ya anyway :rolleyes:

16. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    There's a great Canadian bar in Houston called the Maple Leaf you guys should check it out the next time you are down. Its a guaranteed good time especially during hockey season.

17. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    can you ask them if the serve the festive special (inside joke)

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is the car a mess? Uh, yes there is no doubt it isn't pretty. Even having said that I caution you to see all sides. I'm not, I repeat, NOT justifying or defending either party. This whole transaction was a mess from the get go. A customer supplying custom order parts and telling an installer to use them? A big "no-no". No line item estimate in writing that was agreed upon by both parties; another big "no-no". No clear concise direction; a recipe for failure. And on and on........

Come on fellas everyone knows the paint job sucks on this car. Kurt knows it, Brett knows it, and you know it. That is the easy part.

The tough part is actually reading through all of the emails back and forth and trying to understand what these two guys were trying to work out and then figuring out if there was any chance of success with the manner in which the transaction was handled.
    Now to really muddy the water (and let's remember I warned you about this...I WARNED YOU not to be too quick to judge) the entire story still isn't out there yet.

If 100% of the truth is going to be released then there is more to come ...........

19. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    how can there be more

paint
    interior
    electrical
    running operation

what else

20. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    There's still something not correct about the $17,500 Bill of Sale email early on from Brett (in post #2) and then another $24,000 needed at the end direct to Larry. It just doesn't sound right......

Gerrit

21. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    #146 ragtop1, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My 1978 red with black interior 400gt # 22579 rolled off the car carrier from California over two years ago. The gas tank leaked stale fuel over the driveway as one side of the exhaust pipes equipped with BMW silencers fell off on the loading ramps. The trunk lid didn't line up and other quirky body parts didn't fit well either. Who has a perfect bodied 400? Am I misquoting Enzo when he said that he didn't care if the body panels fit right, as long as when the customer pressed on the gas, he sh*t his pants ! Yes the previous owner said there was no compression in one of the cylinders. There was no piston at all in cylinder # 1. lol. I pulled the engine & sent it to Brett for a rebuild and I kept the car in my garage to address minor imperfections and performed some detailing on the interior.
    When the engine was completed & installed, it sounded great to me and ran as I thought it should, not being able to compare it to another '78 V12 Ferrari.

I am not getting into my personal life here, but it seems that it has been exposed to the world regarding my finances at the time. However, Brett & Kurt have been whole to me for what I had invested in the car...purchase price/shipping/duty/taxes/registration/engine rebuild/periperals. The dispersment of the funds are unfortunately cloudly and should have been comprehended before hand by both parties. Brett indicated to me that he had an interested party (Kurt) in the car & I was ready to sell at my investment cost.

Brett has rebuilt my '79 308 GTS engine & tranny -no issues mechanically or montetarily. He repaired my '82 GTSi - no issues - also my '77 GTB no issues. hmm, why do I keep going back ? Brett has been a straight shooter with me for several years and I hope that he & Kurt can come to an agreeable compromise. As a previous poster said, "never total up the invoices"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Alright, 8 pages...and all this jibberish.

If you want to solve this now that its out, only one way to do it.

post the receipts.

Simple.

This will eliminate the he said / she said nonsense. Everyone with this not picking sides nonsense....I got news for all of you, you are not running for political office, and this isn't a high school beauty contest, or popularity contest. This is NOT about picking sides.

I will assume the OP is beyond upset, so much so, that this thread post was worth more to him than a 5k refund from grand turismo.

I hope both of them can still work it out. Whatever that maybe, I hope they continue to talk, even if only through this thread.

23. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    are those engine photos before or after the rebuild?

24. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Seriously, let's see the receipts..

25. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    That's a good question...