The Next One... | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The Next One...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Nov 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I am splitting hairs, but I really believe that the Pantera is what it is because of the legendary Cleve. It would've dethroned the mighty SBC if it had rec'd proper development...

I do care about things being as stock as possible where they are important. Although, I think the braking system is one area where it is more important to be safe than stock. Also, mods typically hurt the value of a car no matter what anyone says. What's the old rule of thumb? You only get back 40% of what you spent on modifications? And, that's only from someone who wants *your* mods. I personally would rather have a slightly modded fast car, than a heavily modded one that started out slow...too many other systems that have to complement each other.

Speed density is fine for minor changes, but Mass Air is the way to go! Are you just saying that because your Stang is SD?!?!

:)

LS

2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim

I don't think mods that you can't see hurt the value much if at all, if like brakes, they improve the drivability. Example, stronger pistons or increased compression. Of course there are extremes to everything and the gee whiz factor. Example, Webers on a car that came with a pedestrian 4 barrel. Like you said the prospective buyer would need to want those mods as well. And yes I still have SD..... not my choice though.... I will change it eventually. I am sporting 3:73s now and a fortified tranny.

3. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #203 EC308, Dec 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The pantera has a cleveland in it. 180's look and sound amazing. I have installed 2 sets on panteras and nothing can visually match them. They are difficult to live with as far as maintenance. The car below was my daily driver for 1 and 1/2 years. Lexan side windows, no wipers, heat or AC. Just a pure animal. If you end up getting a pantera I will be happy to help you install 180's. I've owned 3 and currently maintain a few for friends.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    OH DEAR!!!!!

That is amazing...where is that car now?

LS

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Edward that is just brute. I love it. I have always liked Pantera's.

Awesome and thanks for sharing.

Vasco

6. Samson518

Samson518 Karting

Apr 23, 2004
    #206 Samson518, Dec 28, 2005
  7. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Interesting.... is he a fan of the cleveland or windsor?.... I say windsor

8. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    That is the most disturbing picture I've seen in a while. Didn't that chimp try to bring a Yugo DOHC on our last drive?

LS

PS-That Pantera is making me tingle.

9. Samson518

Samson518 Karting

Apr 23, 2004
    #209 Samson518, Dec 28, 2005
  10. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    There's your ride Lash. Love the door bars and seats. To hell with street comfort, mash the load pedal and go speed go...

John

11. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Street comfort? What is that? My daily driver gets 14mpg, has no roof, radio or mufflers.

"If you drive an M3 or perhaps a Subaru STI, you're gonna tear your pantyhose getting into this thing..."

LS

12. Samson518

Samson518 Karting

Apr 23, 2004
    #212 Samson518, Dec 28, 2005
  13. carnutvic

carnutvic Karting

Jan 30, 2005
    ellicott city md
    Full Name:
    victor tamini
    cleveland all the way.windsor motor is ok,but the c is tough.the difference in sound between the two is amazing.its hard to describe the "RAP" that a well built cleveland makes.every time i start up the mach,i get shivers up my spine.just put the 17' bullit wheels on it today and it looks "BAD ASS". i will get some pics posted soon.
    that red pantera is perfect.

14. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nice pantera for the track. Need to remove the roll cage for street use unless you don't mind cracking your skull in an accident. Or, you can wear a helmet when driving on the street and watch the looks on other drivers faces.

15. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Jon, I'd be okay, I usually wear two sweatbands when I drive on the street.

Vic, where have you been??

Check this thing out...I'm going to send the seller a message about it. Yes, it's a kit, but it is an FF and I wouldn't mind talking to him a bit more about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4600540587&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1#ebayphotohosting

I saw one at Mt Airy this summer, a work in progress. It looked amazing, but this one had SLA front suspension and a rubber bushed 4 link on the rear. What a waste huh?

LS

16. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I thought you said no kits? :) How is this better than the superformance Daytona? Just curious.

17. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I'm not buying a kit, just sending an email. They're both kits, so I'm sure you could make changes to either, but the FF site lists their dry weight as 2110. Superformance's site shows 28xx. That's significant...

LS

18. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
  19. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That is very cool.... more so since it doesn't have any livery all over it.

20. carnutvic

carnutvic Karting

Jan 30, 2005
    ellicott city md
    Full Name:
    victor tamini
    i have been a slave to the grind working on the sprite rotary project.

my friend gary has a very similar daytona coupe like that one.he owns a shop called hampton automotive.
    one of the most knowledgeable shelby guys around.he is like me--keeps them for a while and then trades out.he has had ALOT of original gt350's,cobras,etc.if he does not have one for sale he can guide you in the right direction.
    gary barnes 410 825 4424

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
  22. carnutvic

carnutvic Karting

Jan 30, 2005
    ellicott city md
    Full Name:
    victor tamini
    WHOA--WAY PIMPIN.me and my crew be stylin n profilin in dat joint.word

supa fli godzilla mac daddy in da hood wit a 5 fiddy base vibratin dem jokas.yea dog

23. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim

OHHHHHHHHH sNaP! foshizzle my wizzle......

24. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Slutty nutrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!