The Middle East spec is back ("T" in the VIN)! | FerrariChat

The Middle East spec is back ("T" in the VIN)!

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Lars Theunissen, Apr 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hi Middle East spotters,

In the beginning of this month I visited Dubai and also several car dealers there. Since I'm into collecting Ferrari VINs, I checked these where possible. And here I noticed that the very latest cars, (like 159XXX-160XXX) all had the "T" in the VIN, instead of the "B" for Euro specs or "A" for USA specs.
    These "T"-cars all had the US-typical sidemarkers btw.

Very interesting, Ferraris spotted there in the 150XXX-158XXX region very often had an "L" in the VIN, which I had never seen before! But I have seen so many of these that I must assume that these are also some kind of Middle East spec, later replaced by the "T" cars? Any opinions on this?

Ciao,

Lars T.

2. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Hmm from what i have seen Barhaini, Qatari and Emirati cars delivered new have either L or T and have the sidemarkers. So it seems there are middle east specs indeed. I saw tarek's new Scud also has these markers (Egypt), wondering what letter he has.

Tarek?

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Now my car won't feel so lonely...

I have a "T"....

Mike in Kuwait

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I have a "T" in the VIN of my Scuderia which is now again the code letter for the Middle East starting 2008. I inquired about this and was told that this is a new code for all 2008 Middle East Ferraris and that now side markers on the bumpers are part of the new ME specs.