THE LONG TALE OF THE BARN FIND TRIO"DINO VERSION" | Page 7 | FerrariChat

THE LONG TALE OF THE BARN FIND TRIO"DINO VERSION"

Discussion in '206/246' started by exer69, Aug 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    It is unlike any car that I have seen. Hopefully, the owner will allow it to be photo'ed in detail for reference.

Had the auction seller done this, it would have created a bigger buzz (I believe) and restored creditability to the "barn" aspect

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Given the weird way the presentation and auction of this Dino went, the tale of 00468 (or whatever) will surely be convoluted with many plot twists and turns, if the story ever comes out.

3. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Commercials for this week's CCC shows Wayne Carini being shown this trio covered with dust in the storage unit. Have to catch the episode Tuesday on Velocity.

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I've been looking forward to seeing this episode, caught it last night and really enjoyed it. Anybody know who the dealer was that bought the Maserati?

5. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    I think Ed Waterman. Did Ed also buy the Dino?

6. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    It was interesting TV as CCC showed the garage door roll up ......and those three cars were sitting in there.

I wonder how much investigation goes into VIN vs car vs title vs history when a business like F40 wants to purchase the cars on site?

7. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    VeloceTwo:

Remember that it's a television show, so those issue's may have been addressed
    prior to what we see etc....

Mark

8. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Exactly, thats what I was wondering , was it?

Wayne almost seemed excited, could they have found a more dead pan character :)

9. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    #159 mcimino, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wayne said he was ready to take those cars home with him and willing to pay immediately, so he must have had the inside scoop on details. I'm sure he had to keep his excitement in check because he was ready to place an offer with hopes it would be accepted.

Oh, and by the way....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaHhihbfHbw&feature=related[/ame]

11. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    His livelihood is high stakes automotive poker. Giddy excitement and smart business do not make good bedfellows!

12. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I guess so, but keeping it in context real estate agents do this every day and they don't seem to be so deadpan.

13. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    real estate agents dont risk their own capital, they only get paid when a deal closes...so they're always giddy no matter how good/bad a deal is bc its not their money they just want everyone to feel like they got a deal.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    does anyone know the sn of the purple barn find daytona? it was on wayne carini's chasing classic cars?
    any links to engine pix?
    tia