The Last Motorcycle on Earth | FerrariChat

The Last Motorcycle on Earth

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Paul308GTSi, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul308GTSi

Paul308GTSi Formula 3

Oct 26, 2008
    Queensland Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul D
    I saw this on Youtube and it really struck a chord with me.

Old Ferraris are just as likely to be targeted as motorcycles generally. While I do not believe a government would make it illegal to have one of these vehicles they may implement financial dis-incentives to have the same effect.

2. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks interesting, I hope they can complete it. Must really hit a nerve with those of you in Australia, all things considered.

Paul308GTSi likes this.
  3. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Interesting. They seem to be a stand up bunch trying to make a film.

But I'm not sure I would watch a movie that portends a motorcycle calamity. Frankly I think Hollywood , story tellers can indirectly affect consensus and social direction for good and bad. Recall a scene from Tomorrowland when they realize that the streaming negativity to earth is the reason for it's impending doom. Perhaps these guys should be making a movie where the Motorcycle saves the world from the evil Autonomous vehicles? Just saying.

Wade likes this.
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Brings these to mind. :)

:)

5. Paul308GTSi

Paul308GTSi Formula 3

Oct 26, 2008
    Queensland Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul D
    I'm not sure most Australians are aware of vehicle changes headed our way by 2020.
    There has been short news reports on SBS (government funded station) late at night about this. Oh , , considering almost nobody watches late night SBS news reports it seems to be a case of "we told you, weren't you listening ?"

Late 2017 they reported a National meeting to discuss govt revenue from fuel. The federal transport minister openly said revenue from cars was X amount but revenue from petrol and diesel fuel is a multiple of that X dollars. He went on to say as electric cars become popular that very important fuel revenue will be gone. Their intention is to get that lost revenue through a user pays system on road use. The report then mentioned GPS tags as the preferred option.

OK, so we're going to have GPS tags on our cars. My Ferrari will suddenly cost a lot less to register due it being registered but off the road (valve change required).
    I can see traffic reducing due to unnecessary travel, particularly businesses. Sooooooooo many times in traffic I find myself sitting beside a company vehicle (for example glass replacement) which is clearly marked as having come from 150kms away. I've met a number of tradesmen who seem to truly believe charging customers for driving 2 hours to a job is part of normal income.

The insurance industry here is begging for GPS tags, hmmmm, promises of cheaper insurance might get through. Maybe just higher profits.

The catch will be once cars are fitted with GPS will our speed be monitored absolutely all the time ? Probably.

If you are thinking "glad I don't live in Australia" , well, ,think again.

SBS news on Feb 21st(?) 2018 reported our Prime Minister and nearly all State Premiers travelled to the USA to meet with your State Governors to discuss trade. The was also on all other media. SBS differed in that it mentioned the US governments plans for GPS tags for vehicles and the Australian ministers interest in how that system could be introduced into Australia.

President Trump will just have to wait for the right moment to convince you it will be a good thing.