The GREAT SPRING DRIVE--OFFICIAL THREAD-PLEASE READ!!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The GREAT SPRING DRIVE--OFFICIAL THREAD-PLEASE READ!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Apr 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    I had a blast tearing up the back roads with you and Omar! We gotta get those sport cats installed on your car so you can keep up with me next time! LOL....Maybe next run we break out our Benz's and give them a beating : )

2. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #129 rcraig, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Hey everybody. Thanks Joe for stimulating this event. Josh and I really had a great time. I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed their day
    This was a fantastic day for most and so sorry about the cars that had problems.
    I have to say that this really was a great group of cars and an even more amazing group of people. I have to often reflect on me buddy Jon Walton who befriended me many years ago after I first got my Ferrari. He always gravitated to anyone that had a passion for cars in any way, whether an Enzo or Volkswagen Beetle. It's always about the people and sharing the passion.

I can only say that many hours of driving and searching for the right roads and then mapping every turn on mapquest was more then worth it. . It really was a privilege working on this and the smiles on everyones faces as they got out of their cars after was awesome. Thanks for letting us share my little section of the world. Anyone that wants to drive and explore at any time you know where to find us.

To all the people that went in my group. Great drive. Hope the pace was fun and it was amazing watching my mirrors over and over as that beautiful convoy snaked down through those chicanes in the Amish farm country.

One last thing. I'm a photographer for a living, but screwed the pooch as far as shooting this event at the restaurant, because I was so relieved we all got there safe and sound. If anyone might be willing to share some of their pics of the cars in front of the restaurant with the owners I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it. These guys are working their as* off to maintain a great little place and were unbelievable helpful and accommodating I would love to help them with a little exposure. They would just like to show off the great group . If you would like to share, please e-mail to me as big as possible and I will get them to Ronnie. You can put your name on he bottom of the picture in photoshop or I can do it for you so you can get credit for the pictures.Send me a PM and I'll give you my real e-mail so you can attach files.

Thanks again

Bob

3. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    A loud shout out "THANKS!" to everyone who helped plan this terrific event. Wonderful roads; great mix of twisties and some llllooonnnngggg straights with ups-and-downs that definitely got the car light a couple of times. I was surprised that happened going just the speed limit. ;-)) Good choice of a restaurant too. This was one great day. As far as I'm concerned, we can just reuse this route for the rest of the summer drives. How can they get any better?

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I would like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make yesterday happen, especially Bob & Josh, Bufferbarry, Jon W., Steve T., Joe M., Sean-Michael, and Autowerks9. Although I neglected to mention it yesterday, I also want to thank my business partner for supporting my passion and agreeing to allow our firm to sponsor this charitable effort.

I am also extremely appreciative to everyone who attended. We had a wonderful, safe drive. I am always blown away by the exceptional people who make up this little community. It was wonderful finally meeting those who I have known for so long online, like DaveTDave or the new enthusiastic owners like Dean ("Myphillylawyer").
    I hope this drive will become an annual event, but in the meantime, there are tons of other opportunities for us to get together this summer, be it the Reading Concours, Mason-Dixon Rally, Algar Rally, etc. I really look forward to the next opportunity to see all of you again.

Finally, and most importantly, I am proud to announce that collectively, we raised over $1500.00 for the Boys and Girls Club of Delaware. Our highest donation was $250.00! That person, who I will try to reach privately before announcing on this forum, has won a free complete detailing by our very own Bufferbarry.

5. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm bummed I couldn't make it but it sounds like it was a great time. I'll have to make do with the local C&C till the next drive.

6. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Glenn, your 348 looks fantastic with the new wheels! Judging by all the photos, you all had a great ride! We did the same here in Texas yesterday. This is absolutely what it's all about!!!

7. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Joe- Thank your for coordinating and sponsoring the event, and to Bob and Josh for their excellent road work. Enzo for making a great company and all those that drive. What a great day and fun as usual.

What I liked most about yesterday was their were no annoyed neighbors - everyone was happy.

8. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Thanks Jarrett,
    I also need to say a big Thank You to Josh !!
    What a great asset to the Ferrari Group

9. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    It was an incredible journey............I logged like 200+ miles. It was like a fun endurance race...........no COPS no cars blocking no knuckleheads............incredible sprintime weather and tons of turns switchbacks........off cambers..........its was the Zaff Mille Migla 150!

Lets do it again sometime.

10. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Great job Joe, Bob, Josh and everyone else who made the event so enjoyable. Really a perfect day! Looking forward to the next one...

11. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Seriously a great time! It was awesome to finally put some screen names to faces :) really can't wait for the next run on 9/11. John, Joe, Bob you all made the runs a blast!

Just a lil hiccup (and almost scary) with Jeremy's ride but Dean and Vincent picked up the navigation and we caught up with folks even after a couple dead end "road ends here" signs!

Looking forward to catching up with you all again. If you're ever down in the DC area give me a shout and we can grab a bite to eat.

Best

12. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    On behalf of my firm, The Boys and Girls Club of Delaware, and everyone who participated in making this event such a success, a gracious thank you is owed to Dean "MyPhillylawyer" for his generous donation of $250.00.

Bufferbarry will be contacting you for your prize.

Again, we would like to thank everyone who donated money or other gifts to this wonderful cause.

13. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Joe,

What a great idea, and a great day, hopefully we'll have another similar drive before the Mason Dixon on Sep 11. Bob, thanks for the great route you mapped out, it couldn't have been any better. It was great to see everyone, and meet some new people, we really have a great group of people here!

Jim

14. B-26

B-26 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2009
    Glen Mills PA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I am still smiling ! Car is still dirty ! And I know all the carbon build up has been BLOWN OUT.

15. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Four observations about what really made the event a great success (and there were many others, as well):

1. Breaking up everyone into smaller-sized groups (our intimate group of 5 had a great time roaming the countryside unencumbered by the problems associated with trying to keep a large group together;

2. Taking to heart that the you must not lose sight of the guy behind you (even in a group of five, this was important);

3. Throwing out the points, penalties, and spies so that we could just enjoy the thrill of drving back country roads in cars that are perfect for this use; and

4. The Bainbridge Grill - good food, good service, nice ambiance, and a great location for return trips home (I arrived there early and left for home before the rest of you got there).

My thanks to all who organized the event.

P.S. This was my first drive on my new tires (Michelin Pilot Sport PS2) - they were great.

16. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    I'm bummed I couldn't join you... and you guys just keep rubbing it in how great a time it was!

Cheers and hope to get there next time.

Erik

17. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    haha! me too! looking to get it detailed again tomorrow :) Let the pros have at it!

18. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Joe Z - great idea and thanks for putting the pieces together.

Bob , Josh, and Jon thanks for the great route. I really enjoyed muscling the TR around the countryside. Chasing Bob up the hill from the river was awesome - I would love to see how the video turned out...

Thanks to all that participated and made it a great day!

Cobraownr - check your PM

CC

Joe Z - I followed Joe M for a good portion of the route. Many people turned, stared, and pointed at his blue Ferrari. Some smiled while others looked aghast. Can you help me understand the mixed reaction??? BTW - his undergarments were not visible during the event so that wasn't it...

19. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Joe's car is one of the most beautiful Ferraris I've seen, rendered even more beautiful by its Tour de France blue paint. It just takes my breath away.

20. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #147 JoeZaff, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    It really is. I would normally not be too big a fan of that color combination, but it just works so well on that car. It is perfect. Extremely classy while still oozing sexiness with a bit of danger. I have to hand it to Joe, he searched for that car for quite a bit, and really knew what he was doing.

Too bad he is a big jerk ;)

21. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Hey now. Wait one minute. This case was settle the day of the event. Let us not forget who gets to wear the driving gloves and gets to sport the Playboy coffee mug. Awarded on site to the sexiest ride of the group!! Dont be rewriting history folks. Jon in Delaware

22. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Now, now Jon. There is more than enough room for everybody in the playground. As I recall, a very distinguished blue ribbon panel voted your car the sexiest. But that does not mean that Joe's cars not sexy too ;)

What is most interesting is that both cars look spectacular...and neither are red! So much for that stereotype.

23. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    Is there a NON sexy looking ferrari!

I think they built a brand on sexy looks and sound!

well maybe not the Mondial! No sexy there....

;)