The drawings of #57473, The most beautiful car ever built! | FerrariChat

The drawings of #57473, The most beautiful car ever built!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Bugattiart, Feb 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #1 Bugattiart, Feb 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic chassis #57473!
    This car will definately also have to be celebrated this year,(at least by me) since it will be the 70th Birthday for this Atlantic .....the single most beautifull car ever built bar none IMHO!
    However this is also the "third" and forgotten Atlantic (Actually the second one built) that most people think does no longer exist since the car had a fatal accident in France in 1955! The car was hit by a Renault diesel train in a railroad crossing and was pushed 720 metres along the railroad tracks in front of the train, before this was able to stop....both people in the car was killed instantly!
    The young female passenger was totally ripped to pieces as the train hit the passenger side of the car. The male driver was decapitated!

It's not negotiable.......this single car does it for me, and there is absolutely NO car in the world I would rather have than this! Mainly due to the design and the beauty, but also because of the very interesting and complex history of this particular car! That of course is also the reason why this car is probably the one car that I have done most often in my drawings.....I just have to show all angles of this automotive sculpture, and I guess I will never stop to try and capture the lines and the beauty of this fabulous Jean (Gianoberto) Bugatti design! I always have to do "just one more" drawing of her!
    Of course I will be the first one to admit that my drawings will never be capable of showing the true beauty of this famous car!

A lot of people have asked me to post pictures of the very basic outlines for my drawings, so this time I'll start posting pics a little earlier in the process than I usually do! Don't take the first pics for anything more than they are...just very rough outlines of something that will hopefully end up in giving you just a small idea of how beautiful this car really is!

I hope you will all enjoy watching this as much as I will enjoy doing the work!

Vive La Marque!

Carsten
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #2 Bugattiart, Feb 2, 2006
    Now she got her headlights! The special fairing in and placing of the headlights are among other things some of the unique features on this particular car! Also the pontoon style treatment of the rearfenders and the shape of the doors are unique to this car!

3. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #3 Bugattiart, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #4 Bugattiart, Feb 2, 2006
    Near the stage where I usually start to post pics of a drawings!
    The lines have now been drawn up a bit further and corrected a little where needed and I have started adding some more details!
    The chromed wire wheel at the front will be one of the last things I do on this drawing!

5. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Isn't this one generally known as the Seydoux car? I would have a hard time choosing between all 3 (4, counting the Aerolithe), and the T51 with similar coachwork, that is now at the Merle Norman cosmetics car museum (Nethercutt collection) in Sylmar, California. The cars that appeal most to me are from this time period; the Geo Ham Delahaye, the T57S Corsica, Alfa 8c2900B MM, etc, etc. There are also some small displacement racers from this time period that are very attractive; the LeMans Gordini streamliners from 1939, and on and on....

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Indeed this is the "Seydoux car" also known as "the black car"( before the changes to the bodywork performed by the factory at the request from Jean Bugatti in 1938-1939, the car was black!) "The black Atlantic" or the "Chatard Atlantic" after the man who was killed while driving the car at the time it got hit by the train in 1955!

Best regards

Carsten

7. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Still a superb drawing which announces Carsten, it should be said that the subject is superb thus that justifies. I am delighted that you does as much drawing on Bugatti Atlantic and of course on that which you prefers that goes from is. I well also find that you makes known with the greatest number than it exists this third Atlantic bus as you bus specifies it can people know it.

... And, once again it's a wonderful work Carsten !!

Vive La Marque

Best regards
    Christophe

8. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks a lot Christophe, :)
    I knew you would like this one.....for some strange reason ;) :)

Vive La Marque!

Carsten

9. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #9 Bugattiart, Feb 3, 2006
  10. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #10 Bugattiart, Feb 3, 2006
    Update 4....

I have started to make the reflectins in the side of the car, and the time demanding work with all the little details....like all the little rivets, and there is A LOT of rivets on a Bugatti Atlantic!

11. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Great start and a fantastic subject. I'm noticing a bit of positive camber in the front suspension. Is this normal for the car?

12. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    I may have put these photos in the wrong area. Try this: linkhttp://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135537650&postcount=49

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks, :)
    You're right, and it is very normal for cars from that era! You will find that on most Bugattis! :)

Best

Carsten

14. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    It is true that the rivets it is not what misses!! In any case I am in a hurry to see it finished this drawing !!

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    There will soon be one more drawing of this car, also to be uploaded in this thread ;)
    Do you want to see that one too??? ;) :)

Do you know the photo that I am using for reference for this first drawing??? (Not the photos posted in this thread)

Warm greetings

Your friend

Carsten

16. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Yes, absolutely !!

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Patience my friend, It will come :) ;)

18. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #19 Bugattiart, Feb 4, 2006
  19. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #20 Bugattiart, Feb 11, 2006
    Here she is Christophe! :)

Another addition to this thread and meant as the second part of a set of drawings with this car!
    Very basic still, but it will be hugely different when finished.... hopefully!!!
    You will be able to see the "nervous" lines in this drawing at this early point, but that will change when the lines have been drawn up a little!
    All my drawings starts like this, with a very few simple lines!

20. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    I like this angle of sight, you will be able to say that you know it on all the angles, the Bugatti T57 SC Atlantic :):):)

Best regards

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    One of my favourite angles of this car too!
    I could spend the rest of my life doing drawings of this particular car from all angles.... :) and I wouldn't even get tired of doing that! :)
    Next up in the Bugatti range will be a drawing of this car seen from a certain angle with the engine somewhat exposed (Not started yet though):)

22. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    #23 Bugattiart, Feb 27, 2006
  23. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Yummy!

When will prints be ready fior sale?

Stu

24. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Stuart,:)

Uhhh, that's a tough question, as I'm working on sooo many drawings right now, but a good guess would be arround 3-4 weeks...perhaps! :)
    Also it depends on how busy my printer is when the drawing will be ready!

Best

Carsten