The BARRETT-JACKSON Auction thread........ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The BARRETT-JACKSON Auction thread........

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Kds, Jan 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Does anyone have video of the Super Snake being auctioned? It's not on YouTube. and I forgot to set my DVR..........

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

UUGH I totally agree... the guy is a tool. Kick him in the nuts and no one wld notice.

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    just spoke with a "dealer" that just got back from BJ. he went to advise a couple client/friends including a well known wrestler.

summary of his comments:

tons of hot babes!!!!!!

some really nice cars

the keith martin "incident" was highly talked about and became a bigger than it should have by kicking him off press creds

auction seemed disorderly at times ( maybe because it is getting just too big)

thinks you starting to see the cracks in the hype. owners not happy with prices (from what they were expecting) almost flat total sale numbers.

4. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    What more do you guys want out of an automotive event??:)

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    for next year, they should auction off babes with the cars. look for some crazy bidding.

6. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I'd say the 'crazy bidding' could be the result of pre-bidding auction action.;)

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  8. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    "Cadillac returned to international sports-car competition with the Cadillac Northstar LMP. The 2000 Rolex 24 at Daytona marked the first time since the 1950 24 hours of LeMans that Cadillac pitted its technology against the best that the racing world had to offer. [NEVERMIND THE RESULT ;). . . . ] The LMP is powered by a special twin-turbo 4.0-liter 575 hp Cadillac Northstar V8, developed by race-vehicle builders Riley and Scott (R&S). "

9. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  10. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    #160 frank4cars, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hemi Cuda Convrts were 14 in 70' and 11 in 71' or the other way around...either way it was under 30 cars for the 2 years.

As far as the Duzzy/Cord Craig begging for $... I had looked away, but my wife said that Craig Jackson "got in Spanky Assiter's face" after the second Firearrow concept car sale. She said it appeared that Craig was saying you ended the sale too soon, etc. Anybody else see that...TV comments?

About 45 minutes later the Duzzy and Cord came up and Craig made and noticable effort to get Spanky's attention as to say "I'm going down there, don't wrap it up until I talk to that bidder".

We were about 40' away and it didn't seem like he was beging. He seemed to just want to personally make sure that that bidder was found/heard/given a chance to buy the Duzzy and as such the Cord following.

I couldn't tell or remember if that bidder had been skipped or shunned in the Firearrow sale or what but overall it just seemed like Craig wanted to make sure that the Duzzy bidder knew he was being seen/heard.

Can't wait to see the re-run on TV.

13. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    It sure looked like he was coercing the money from the bidders when the Duzy sale stalled at $400,000.

14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm not a huge fan of CJ overall. So that wouldn't surprise me, but in all the time we were there I never saw him do anything like that.

It just seemed weird about the Firearrow sale and then shortly after there was the CJ in the crowd deal....perhaps not related at all.

15. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Frank! Yeah, 176K is a nice price.

16. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Lets see if this works, well not really but hopefully if you're interested you can click on it and bring up the files. I went through and did a year over year comparison for '06 and '07 for all cars at the auctions.
    Not all cars were directly comparable, but I tried to match models and years where possible. I then averaged the prices paid for each year - even though some times it was just a single car. I did take out some obvious outliers and there are variations in certain models with convertibles, various engines and so on mixed together. However, I thought for the most part it would not matter for the more popular models as each auction would probably have similar sets for a certain model.
    I did include columns that show how many cars of that model were at the auction. The last column shows whether or not there was an increase in the average prices paid from 2006 to 2007. The last line is the sum of the averages for the two auctions.

page 1
    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2512/barjax071nl4.jpg

page 2
    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7712/barjax072ai5.jpg

page 3
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6827/barjax073yk4.jpg

17. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Have the readers of this thread seen the running thread under Model Specific Vintage (thru 365 GTC4) concerning the down fall of the Barrett Jackson?

18. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Do you have a photo of this car? I think I might know the person who just bought it.

19. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
  20. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Texas Mike.....

No I do not....the BJ site does not have a photo either. One hell of a nice car....and cheap too at high $40's !!

21. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  22. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Didn't the Duesenberg sell for 1.5 million? I think its worth every penny myself. Of course if someone could have had it for 400k that would have been great to :)