Test Drive Unlimited 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Test Drive Unlimited 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 4REphotographer, Mar 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just hacked my game save since I didn't have any of the updates downloaded, they've patched it though so you can't really do it anymore.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Blackbird007 knows of a way on the PS3 to make tons of money (he now has 8+ bugattis)
    There's a good video online of how to make money after finishing the game. You can make a couple 100k in 30minutes. Online races are another idea but I've never tried them so I cant say for sure.

I was beginning to think 4REphotographer was a bit of a harsh critic but it's good to see you've finally enjoyed the game. :)

As for me, I'm almost done with all the races (1 more A1 and then the cup). I've trying to figure out how to spend the $10mil I expect to have after the cup. The CCXR and 250 GTO are on the list of things to get along with an Ford GT and a mclaren fax machine.
    I've reall enjoyed the game even though parts of it frustrate me a ton.
    I've made it this far with the help of others on this board and I am thankful for that.

I'm trying to post a pic of my garage but taptalk isn't letting me. I don't think I've used up my free space but if I have, then I guess I'll be subscribing soon.

3. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I still think that TDU2 when launched in Feb of 2011 was by far the worst game ever made, just awful. Nothing worked it, after 6 months of having the game I had yet to actually get a cruise going with my friends. There were pages and pages and pages of forum posts detailing glitches and bugs. After a couple of months there was literally no communication from Atari. Keep this in mind, the game launched in Feb of 2011, there were supposed to be DLC packs released every month like Forza, it's now close to 2 years after launch and we are at DLC 2, that should tell you about how well this game has done.

4. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    To continue to make money I do the speed challenge it the Hawaii Cup.

You get points when you are going over a certain speed ( 99 mph I think ) and the challenge lasts for 1:20. 1st place is $20,000. choose Retry and repeat for another $20,000. Easy to make a few $100K in a half hour or so. I just did it to get the $4.5 mil I needed for the 250 GTO.

One thing about the speed challenge is they start you out on a road driving against traffic. There is another road parallel to the one you are on and just after the start there is a big tree at the narrowest part of the median. Just past the tree I jump the median and am now going with traffic which is much easier and leaves you with just three turns to contend with. Going off road gives you a time penalty but if you do it right its only about -10 and you'll finish about 1,500 pts. over what you need to get 1st for $20,000. You'll need an A2 car for the challenge and my go to car is the Zonda Roadster.

My Sister had a hard time making money in the game so I'd grind out a few hundred thousand in the Speed Challenge and then lose to her on purpose in a challenge race for $50,000 at a time.

I absolutely love the way Forza adds new DLC every month, gives chances for unicorns and goes to great lengths to keep us anticipating more. TDU2 is the exact opposite BUT there is still plenty of gameplay just on the disc and I certainly got my monies worth. If TDU3 came out tomorrow I'd buy it at full price. I've got my fingers crossed that FH will have the concept of TDU mixed with the attention and support of Forza for another year of driving fun :)

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    The support for the game sounds like it was horrendous which is unfortunate because a couple fixes could have made it a great game.
    It's good that you tried it again and liked it.
    You're such a good brother.

I'm looking forward to FH and I think it'll be good. As long as they don't try anything outrageous, it'll be a fun game. Simpler is better.

6. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not a cheat for unlimited money, but there is an exploit that, when repeated, will get you tons. You have a PM.

Anyone else who wants to know how it works, PM me.

7. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got a bunch of the old group together tonight and ended up speed limit cruising for about 4 hours, covered at least 200-300 miles. We had a full server of 8 cars doing a loop of Ibiza and a run from Honolulu to the airport on Oahu. We do cruises where we obey most traffic laws and just drive; stop at stop signs and red lights, keep it around 70mph on the surface streets and 80-90 on the highways, everybody uses a turn signal. Always works out really well, no smashing up of our cars, no one ramming each other off the road, no unrealistic speeding etc.

I'll pull some photos off my hard drive tomorrow and post them, but we always get a really nice mix of cars from hatchbacks to hypercars.

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just set up a website for a club I'm in on TDU2, we basically just do the speed limit cruises and car shows etc. Join if you are interested in doing some cruises.

Right now the address is bugattioc.com but I just signed up for clubcynergi.com which will be the actual address once we are really up and running.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    So it's a forum for the car club?
    Is there an in game club to join?

10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think we have one, we don't do much other than cruise though, you are free to belong to another in-game club if you'd like.

11. Propriide

Propriide Rookie

Jun 24, 2012
    Dunno if My pm got to you. Do u think u can send me how? :):)

12. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'll join that site later. I noticed that there were no PS3 users there though. :/

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    #414 TheDuke, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    I'm always up for just cruising now that I just finished Hawaii cup 2 and own all the cars I want.
    I'll follow the forum and if I see there's a scheduled cruise, I might tag along.

Bummer. I just noticed one started 20min ago. I really wanted to put some miles on one of my new cars. I'll pay closer attention next time.

14. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah, we had a nice little cruise today, almost completely circled Oahu. Kept it pretty realistic as well until we neared the end and hit the highway, then all bets were off.

15. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just got the site up today, so hopefully we will start getting more and more people into the community.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Sounds like it was a blast. I tried cruising around a little today and I would accelerate from a stop sign and before I knew it, I was over 100. It's tough sometimes especially since you don't get the feel of speed or danger like in real life.

Next time I see a cruise on the site, I'll pm you to figure out how all the online stuff works and how to get involved. I read the stuff on the forum already, just I'm a complete noob in this game. :)

17. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The best thing to do is to really drive like you would in real life. Drive in manual and shift when you hit about 4k rpm and then try to keep it at about 65mph in 5th or 6th and just try to keep it steadily at that speed.

18. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I got your PM, but FerrariChat wouldn't let me reply back to you. I think a user has to have at least 5-10 posts to recieve PMs.

19. Propriide

Propriide Rookie

Jun 24, 2012
    U thing u can send me an Emil how to do it to [email protected]

Thx for the help man

20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  22. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just can't find physics I really like for a street driving game, unfortunately FM4's physics didn't transfer well to Horizon (very odd handling at anything but 9/10ths) and TDU2s sucked, TDU1s was pretty good though, but not great. Not sure it's really possible to get good physics for a non-track centered game.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    TDU1 was absolutely horrible. When I unlocked hardcore mode I thought ''sweet, physics!!'' only to learn that the car behaved more like a plane. Taking a small hump at 80mph actually turned your car into one.

If you've played LFS, especially with the normal cars like the XFR turbo, those physics are quite realistic and those cars would be absolute fun on a map like TDU.