Test Drive Unlimited 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

Test Drive Unlimited 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 4REphotographer, Mar 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I seriously can't wait for this, going to be incredible. Atari says Q4 2010 so not too much time waiting.

They didn't reveal the location but it looks like Ibiza, Spain. On the website someone matched the picture to the main city on the island and its the same.

Added features are damage, night and day and weather. This should be great, so far the screenshots look so much better than TDU.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/03/test-drive-unlimited-2-leaves-the-showroom-this-fall/

2. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I hope they fixed the biggest flaw from the 1st game, the last minute tacked on Police chases. That ruined the game for me :eek:

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Wooo, finally. I loved this game, just got another free PS3 so giving my old one to my brother in law. Will have to get this game when it comes out :D

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wrong, you need to sell it and buy an XBOX. :D

6. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I don't even have a damn TV yet :D :D

7. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Awesome!
    Been waiting for a long long time, Glad to see the Gumpert and Zonda F

8. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    You have just made me very happy!! :D =D

9. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I guess that makes it hard to play either, but really there is a very large XBOX Live group on Fchat, something to think about.

10. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Yeah guppy, gees a yob and buy a teh xbox.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Huh, I was just thinking of this game the other day.

12. Systo

Systo Karting

Feb 15, 2007
    Plano
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    About time. I've been waiting for this game for far too long.

Played the hell out of the 360 version and was fortunate enough to beta test the PS2 version (received credit via in-game character). The 360 version unfortunately lays claim to being the last game played on my three previous 360s (RRoD).

13. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    otay palmy.

14. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I absolutely LOVE the first one. I have three Challenge Stradales all with over 1000 miles each. Used to get in one and drive to a garage with the other, then get in that one and drive to the third. Over and over again.

Also that one track Tantalus was the best road to do a spirited cruise on. And I think the F40 on the hardcore mode was spot on. I mean perfect.

15. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Just found this thread!! I love the first TDU and play it regularly, or at least when my 360 was working I did.

I can hardly wait.

PDG

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #16 Bas, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Cool!

I hope they addressed some of the issues from before though. I want REALISTIC driving. In TDU 1 if you corrected your slide you'd immediately go and head for the tree on the other side of the road.

The police was **** as well, they should make it among the lines of NFS hot pursuit II, when a player can play police man and arrest the other, and not attract police because you crashed into a car at 10mph but you can blow past them at 240mph no problem. That was stupid too.

But I'd be happy if they addressed the physics and actually did FIX the bugs. I remember receiving a patch for TDU on PC and it just added 2 cars.

Oh and the sound!! PLEASE give us some even remotely realistic sound! The challenge stradale sounded like a vacuum machine, the F430 sounded like a maserati 4200....and the maserati 4200 sounded like a F430. Not to mention the SLR with the Ferrari note (which is supposed to sound like thunder). Sound mods where helpful on the PC, but I literally drove the 360 for 100 yds before getting into another car lol.

17. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    YESSSSS!

FINALLY.

But seriously, REAL SOUNDS PLEAASSE.

18. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hardcore mode was an absolute must, it made the physics tolerable, I can't drive in the regular game at all. Also they did release a HUGE pack for the PC with all the 360 DLC cars in it.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    the hardcore mode made it even worse. Drive over a bump on the motorway at 70mph and the car would fly over the SUV in front of you. Drifting was easier with HC mode on the track, but still absolute rubbish.

I have the DLC pack on the PC. Was very annoyed the Diablo GT wasn't in there though.

-
    also an option I want in TDU2 is that I can choose between manual and flappy paddle gearbox. What was the point in a G25 again? Oh yeah....H gated gearbox. In cars like the Enzo, CS etc where flappy paddles is the only option I get it, but when I buy a murcielago for instance I want to choose which gearbox I get.

20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #20 SPEEDCORE, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They could have chosen a better location.

22. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Trailer was posted today on IGN. Supposedly there will be both Oahu and Ibiza included, start in Ibiza and access Oahu after you level up. I personally love the location, I think it would be hard to do this with something other than an island and cruising around in the mediterranean just sounds fantastic.

23. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I dunno, I would have preferred somewhere more glam like LA, or Monte Carlo. Still They've chosen Ibiza now, and it'll be fun cause I've actually been so it will be easier to get a feel of how realistic it will be.

24. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    LA would be a huge pain, you just can't do big cities. Monaco would be really cool, but I bet they wouldn't have let them do it.

25. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I can't wait for this, TDU is one of my favorite games ever. Spent countless hours driving around my fleet of exotics.