Telling how far you have ran? | FerrariChat

Telling how far you have ran?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Photog, Jul 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Everyday around 1pm, I go for a run for 5 miles. More of a run for 3 miles, jog for 1.5 miles and walk .5 miles. I really need to find a program that can keep track of how far I run each day. What do you all use to know how far you have ran? Since, I sometimes trail run and I cannot measure how far via Google Maps.

2. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nike fuel band?

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have an app for my iPod that's pretty darn accurate - can't recall the name,
    but just go to the app store (or Droid market) and look for pedometer. Good
    enough for "civilian use"

Jedi

4. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Minus the price that is a good idea. I might have to add that to my Christmas list.

Found it on Droid market, pretty cool! I will give this a try tomorrow and see how it does and you can keep logs which is nice as well, thanks for the tip!

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I use a Garmin running watch. I thought it wouldn't be great, but I love using it.

6. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Forerunner 410 is awesome!

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And just cuz it drive's me nuts.... it would be "you have RUN" .... not "you have RAN"

:p:p

Jedi

8. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ahh I like that one more than the Nike one with a HR monitor and actually works as a watch as well. Bookmarked that for later.

Ahhh you got me :D

Thanks everyone for the help, I am using the phone app for now which works amazing by the way! That Garmin in time should fill the void of what I am looking for.

9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Runkeeper. It is free in the Android Marketplace and is fairly accurate. I did two 10.17 mile bike rides today and it read the same mileage there and back. I have also checked it against my car and it is usually within 1/10 of a mile. The only time it was “off” was when I did the Chicago marathon. It read two miles over; however, I turned it on before I got to the start line and turned it off after I finished. It computes your theoretical calorie usage and is within 10% of my HR monitor. You can also add in notes and can be set for a variety of activities.

10. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    I use runtastic every day