360 - Steering Wheel Adjustment | FerrariChat

360 Steering Wheel Adjustment

Discussion in '360/430' started by Apollo 11, May 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have a 2003 360 Spider and I'm able to adjust the steering wheel up and down, but it won't move in our out. Is this a problem anyone else has had?

2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    A few here ( and a post recently) addressed this. Some have had the same problem. IIRC when I got my '03 360 the column was kind of "stubborn" to move. But being a fairly large guy, I just released the handle and gave it a good hard tug. I tend to think most folks adjust it once when they get their car ( as I do) and most times don't mess with it after that. Being that it's not moved for long periods of time, I think that's what causes it to get "stuck".

whatheheck likes this.
  3. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll try moving it back and forth to see if I can break it loose. As you said, it's probably not been moved for several years.

4. LP360

LP360 Karting

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I also have this issue although not really bothered me but if you do manage to get this sorted please share! :)

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    To add, remember it may be stuck in the outward position, therefore a hard "push" may be needed to get it to move closer to the dash. Probably depends on whether a big tall person or a shorter armed person owned the car last :D

6. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    '03 360 Spider here... no problem with mine.

7. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I'm not sure if mine is all the way in or out. If anyone has a chance, can you pull it either all the way out or push it all the way in and measure the distance from the wheel to a specific place on the dash?

8. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    whatheheck likes this.
  9. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ... this might be a senior moment for you, but make sure the steering wheel locking lever is released all the way forward. :)

10. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
  11. TraderDick51

TraderDick51 Rookie

Nov 30, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Hi all -

I am doing my homework into a 360 Modena to determine if it is the Ferrari for me.

Some of the things I am looking for thoughts/insights are:

• are the standard seat fully adjustable?
    • is the steering wheel fully adjustable? (It looks from this thread that it is; please correct me if I am wrong. Thx.)
    • F1 vs. gated transmission.
    This will be my first Ferrari so I am trying to be as thorough as possible with my research. Any thoughts wiould be greatly appreciated.

Regards ... Richard