St Louis C&C Fun Run: Aug 8th | FerrariChat

St Louis C&C Fun Run: Aug 8th

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by bkniep, Aug 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    Hey all,
    Let's get together this Sunday for morning coffee and a drive thereafter. Charbucks across from Frontenac is the meet up spot. We can discuss a route when we get there.
    8:30 coffee, 9 or 9:15 leave on a run. Hope to see you there. Check out our Facebook page for more updates.
    Best,
    Bill

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I would, but I'll be in LA, and you already called me a ******* on facebook

:D

3. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    he called you a stupid mother****er on facebook? damn!

4. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    Pesky Identity Thiefs. I would never post anything like that if I thought you would see it;)

5. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    Hope we see a few of you there tomorrow. SHould be a nice morning for a drive though it will get pretty hot later in the day.
    Bill

6. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    I will be there - without my back as it left me me earlier in the week. I am most likely unable to sit that long for the run but will be bringing my neighbor who will be bringing the 458!

7. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    i'll be there

8. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    dammit! someone take a camera with them for this! :(

9. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'll try to make it, but i may not be able to.

10. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Hopefully Tim the Cam will be there and take a few.

11. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    I was going up there before i leave for Autobahn Country Club.

12. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
  13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Damn, wish I coulda been there...

Tim, have fun at Autobahn. Say hello to the gang for me

14. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Great pictures and a great turnout. We had more Ferrari's then I have ever seen at any event. Guys drove in from Carbondale 2 hours in a nice 360. Hope the run went well :)

15. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Almost a 2 hour run. Some traffic. Highway FF was the best. I apoligize to anyone behind me. I blew thru a quart of oil on that run!! Nice to see the 308 & the blue 360 show up. Watching the 308 cruising was something I haven't seen since the 80's on television.

16. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    We had a rough start behind a silver haired gentleman going 40 the entire length of the first great road. But the run was redeemed by a few pleasant stretches. A lovely and gentle drive in the country!
    If we want to continue this sort of drive, we need to get an earlier start. A little too much traffic at the later hour. Cruises can start any time, but a fun run in the country should get rollin before 9.
    4 Ferraris and a Solstice. Good, safe, clean fun.
    Though I had to smile when I saw the "restrict travel, air quality yellow" sign we passed on our way to converting hydrocarbons to howling.
    B

17. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    thx for taking the lead.

18. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    #18 aseweepay, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    That was a great time, it was nice to finally meet the people from Fchat for the first time, and Tim, it was good to see you and the "fatcab" again....

Awesome 355s, 360, 612, 458, fatcab 911......

Bill, excellent job on taking the lead, it was a fun run...I thought you were finding the slow cars to follow on purpose so that we wouldn't fall too far behind in the "old Magnum car"...unfortunately we had to bug out just a little early to meet another obligation we had today....

Josh, we were two behind you, but no worries on the oil etc....you just were making sure the mosquitos were dead before we got to where you were, we appreciate that....

It was really sweet to see the 458 in person, pictures do not do that car justice, and black looks real bad-ass....When the 458 and 612 were getting on the highway, ahhh yeah, what an "amazing melodic symphony of glorious sound".....awesome...I am now ruined for life until I figure out a way to earn a 458....

Hope we can do this again sometime

19. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I want to thank everyone on the run for the wonderful experience we had. Red 355, the oil was a bit of a bother, but seeing that car move like that was more than enough to make up for it. My passenger was getting carsick so I backed off a bit. There should definitely be more meets or runs. Now that I have attended one I am hooked. Also the Solstice guys are now thinking very horse related thoughts. Might have another one to join the group soon.

20. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Darn it. it sounds like i missed agood one. sorry for the bad typing but im in peru and the keyboards are funny here. maybe we can run to carbondale so i can get a look at and hear that 458. NICE. i would have loved to been there. i hope to be around for the fca ice cream run next weekend. i know its hot there. i just recharged the ac on the fcar before i left. it winter down here kinda wierd wearing a light coat in august. hopefully, see ya guys next weekend.

dave

21. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    the 458 is in STL Dave. and bring me back a tee-shirt from Peru!

22. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Thanks for joining the C&C event, means a lot to us hicks :)

BTW - when are you changing that screen name to ILUVSTL :)

23. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I'm really sorry about the oil. Engine must come out for it to be fixed. Was there any oil on your windshield?
    Very nice 360 you got there. I hope you can come to more events. I'll drive caboose on the next run if the engine isn't sorted by then.

24. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Funny thing is Dave knew that as he sent me a pm earlier - must be sippin the Peru Gold

25. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009

lol - or it was ... j/j

Ps Thanks for the hat it sold on e-bay for 399.00 :) after I forged Michael Schumi signature and said it was made special for him. :)