Someone rescue 38919 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Someone rescue 38919

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by GrigioGuy, May 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

i agree. i would buy it just to torture myself if it was cheap. price seems unrealistic. i can deal with the color, but the slushbox is a big minus...

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I think the slushbox would be okay for someone that was coming into Ferraris from a Merc or Jag, but the cars really are different with a manual.

True story, my 365 is the first car I ever owned with a manual box...

3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    My 308GT4 is only my 2nd...

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was driving for 12 years and owned 5 or 6 cars and never had an automatic transmission car until I bought a 9 year old BMW Bavaria in 1981.

My daughters already know how to throw a baseball properly and someday will know how to shoot a rifle and drive a manual transmission car.

John

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Come on guys...that is sad. One thing that's exceedingly annoying about the American car market, all the otherwise sweet cars with automatics only.

To that, I've never had an automatic...and frankly, unless it's a truck to tow a big trailer full of cars, I'll never have one.

Luckily, my wife is the same way. She has a 2.7T 6-speed Audi Allroad.

6. Ray F

Ray F Karting

Jul 17, 2005
    Somerset, England
    Full Name:
    Ray Forster
    I agree that it's sad most US citizens only get exposed to autos, and I agree these 400s are completely different 'animals' with the manual box - I drove both back to back before making the choice; manual it had to be. However, I recently owned a Jaguar XJ-S - and they should only EVER be autos IMHO.

Keeping the Faith,

Ray.

7. ParadiseRoad

ParadiseRoad Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Saw a local ad for one years ago...$12,500...I had the cash and didn't even go look at it...damn it.

8. Carson_Kitt

Carson_Kitt Karting

May 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I think that it is a good thing that some of the supercars were/are offered as an automatic.

My first car was a Porsche 928 with a 5 speed manual, then I moved on to an '80 308 GTSi.

In 9/2005 I had a hip replacement on my left side.

This makes it difficult to drive a manual transmission.

Because of the surgery, I moved on to a Mercedes SL-600.

With that being said, I am glad that some of these great cars are available as an automatic.

9. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    autoboxes aren't all bad. i prefer them for track use! takes the hassle of having to switch gears out of the equation. just concentrate on driving. i was going to get a mondial 8 for the track, but i really wanted the ease of use of an auto, so i've decided to go for a 3 series bimmer. having an autobox is like driving my go kart with just one gear. but i've never tried a sequential tranny, maybe those are fun as well.

john