So will Hamilton get credit as well? | FerrariChat

So will Hamilton get credit as well?

Discussion in 'F1' started by maxorido, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I remember last year everyone was praising Alonso for "dragging that car up the grid" and showing "what he could do in a crap car". For those that choose not to acknowlege Hamilton's abilities, I wonder if they'll conveniently not give Hamilton the same honor. We KNOW the the Mclaren is crap, and Lewis drove an awesome race. I remember some people praising Massa in 2007 for driving into 6th place at Melbourne from last, when the Ferrari was one of the 4 best cars on the grid. Funny, I didn't see any of those same people mentioning anything about Hamilton's drive. Quite the double standard.

Anyways, some people are just going to be biased, and there will always be haters. I look forward to an awesome season, and hope to see some thrilling races.

2. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Sounds like you've already answered your question.

And yes he did drive a good race.

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think it's too early to see if Hammi can do an Alonso, Jim. I have to admit, i'm impressed the way Hammi finished the Oz GP, considering his starting position.

But, bear in mind. The Ferraris retired, 2 SC conditions, played into his hands. However, i'm really impressed that he wasn't so impatient like Bahrain or France last year. i really can't wait for Sepang :D It's been raining consistently between 4-6 pm here almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. We may never know what could happen ;)

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jim- He drove a strong race with a poor car and eventually ended up third after three other drivers self-destructed, or he would have been sixth. No doubt about his talent, or his luck. It usually takes both to win a world championship, and he had both last night/this morning, as he did last year.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes LH did alright, but I'm waiting for him to humbly admit that he was a wanker when he told Ron Dennis to go swivel, and instead publically thank him and his team for giving him a car that one the WDC, just like Ferrari gave MS a car that could win also.

LH made it oh so clear that he believed that he alone won races, but surely now realises his mistake and that 99% of any race win is the car. Heck Button just won a race for Pete's sake.
    Pete

6. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Lewis drove a good race. There I said it.

7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Lewis drove an awesome race I can't believe he's not getting more praise

8. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    18th on grid to 3rd is rather impressive, he had a tad bit of luck, but overall good drive.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Pretty much the statement that says it all, I'm Ferrari through and through, how else can I explain defending Schumacher for all those years but Lewis Hamilton is a very, very good driver and he'll be collecting championships like like my girlfriends collect vibrat... never mind, you get the picture.

10. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Sometimes luck is as important (if not more important) than skill. What if Hamilton miraculously wins the championship by a few points? It will ultimately come back to his good fortune at the end of this race.

11. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Wow I can't believe all this talk about luck. Hamilton drove an amazing race made some awesome outside passes and drove an inferior car from 18th to 3rd. Not his fault that Kubica and Vettle could keep the red mist down and made a huge mistake in their coming together. Also everyone behind him benefited as well but none of them were 3rd because he had already gone around them.

Hamilton made passing look easy today, RK and SB showed that it's not!

12. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    With the safety cars and the amount of people that dropped out of the race, it would have been hard not to finish in the points
    Webber out in the beginning (notoriously difficult to pass) and then 4 cars out plus one BS penalty.
    Lets call it what it was. A very good drive indeed, but the third place was not really earned. It kinda fell in his lap.

13. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I guess being in front of both Ferraris when they failed was just luck as well... Also not throwing it into a wall as Kimi did it was all just luck... This proves the old adage there's no convincing the convinced.

If Alonso who started 8 place in front Hamilton and finished 2 place behind Hamilton had made this run I think a lot of people would be singing a different tune.

14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Gotta admit that made me laugh..:D

+1000 Nuff said.

15. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    It was a very impressive drive. After the weights were published post-qualifying it was obvious that Jenson was in a veery strong position as his car was heavier than Rubens'. Whilst the win was far from guaranteed it was obvious that if he was ahead after turn 1 then Jenson could win.
    Before the race nobody would have put money on a McLaren finishing on the podium. Lewis kept his head and did a brilliant job which paid off in a big way.
    I was gutted for Massa. Kimi threw his race away - is he going to have another 2008? I hope not.

16. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He drove very well indeed, reminds me of Mika Hakkinen in 1998 and 1999. I'm the other way around to most people on this fourm probably. But even so i know a very good drive when i see one and Alonso did an amazing job at the end of last season, and like wise for Hamilton in Austraila on sunday

17. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    I had no doubt that Lewis could do what he did. And he will do it again and again if he is placed near the back, let alone the middle of the pack. As i have said he reminds me of the old school class of driving. He is exiting to watch and takes chances most other drivers have no balls to do, the guys daring. So when i saw he was a rear grid starter in the race, i felt the same way as when Shuey had to start from the rear. I knew he was going to carve his way though in impresive style.
    But you know what, no matter what that guy does and in what ever tune of car. The masses will not give him a break, but hey:)

18. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    +1

You will probably find that those are the same people who said he can only get results in a good car :)

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Anybody who doesn't see the super talent that Hamilton has, is missing the boat big time.

He drove a fantastic race. Once again. I wish he were in a Ferrari, but since that seems unrealistic I'm waiting for Vettel to join.

20. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Agreed, anyone but Raikkonen! ;)

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #21 tifosi12, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Neither of them is the future of Ferrari. Time to do some thorough house cleaning.

It can't be that hard: I'm sure senor Alonso and Herr Vettel would be eager to drive for us.

22. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Dont wat LH going to Ferrari because of the traditional Ferrari/Maclaren rivalry thing. Maybe Alonso at Ferrari because they dont like each other:D

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I am waiting for the praise for Trulli. He started from pitlane and took third. The fact that he got penalized doesn´t take away from that. But no, lets give the WDC some extra much needed praise.

24. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007

Then may i suggest you start a Trulli appreciation thread;)
    I will see you over there:)

25. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Kimi came from Mclaren. Whats to stop Hammi changing his mind? Never say never.