SO NOW WHAT??? | FerrariChat

SO NOW WHAT???

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by REMIX, Aug 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

#1 REMIX, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As per this thread I started in November last year: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173768

My goal was 185 lbs. I'm now officially 168.8lbs as of this morning. I'm down nearly 60lbs. Way way past my goal.

I love my routine. Everyone says I look "fantastic"...but some people think it has gone overboard and that I've lost too much weight. I pump iron almost daily and cannot pile on anymore weight without hurting myself. The trouble is I love my routine. My clothes need to be rebought every 2 months, it's getting expensive.

If I want to maintain, what do I do? I want to stay defined and maybe lose more fat.

EDIT: added Pic from last wkend.

RMX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Moderation, my friend. I have little experience in the weight loss/fitness/working out world, but I know that in most areas of life a little moderation goes a long, long way.

Routine fitness is good, and, in my opinion, even more so when paired with a healthy diet. Eat right, don't strain yourself, maintain a moderate amount of exercise, and enjoy your good health.

If I were you, I wouldn't attempt to pile on extra weight. Your body is designed to handle a certain amount of you on top of your frame, so be satisfied with what you have and work with it.

Best, and stay healthy.

3. sdtradingguy

sdtradingguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Most people are clueless with how "fat" they really are. So many people think "If I lose just 10lb I'll be ripped" (or something like that). Then they start to lose weight, some more weight, and then some more weight. They begin to realize they were a lot more then just 10lb overweight.

The trouble with guys are we can look pretty nice with clothes on and still be a little overweight. Since most people see you with clothes on, they have no idea of your true bf% unless you remove the shirt.

I'd say keep losing weight until you feel great. If you feel great at the current weight, then keep your routine and just modify your diet.

I like the tape measure better then the scale myself. I usually write my arms, forearms, calves, thighs, stomach, chest down every 6months or so. Since it takes longer to build muscle, I can see if I'm heading in the right direction. Then every week I usually measure my stomach, it'll quickly tell you if you are packing on muscle, or fat lol.

4. REMIX

So how would you suggest I modify my diet?

RMX

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    RMX,

Congrats on exceeding your goal. BTW - How tall are you?

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ditto. I'm curious about your height as well to see what kind of weight you plan on dropping down to.

You said you do weights everyday. The same muscle groups? How much rest are you giving to your muscles? I know some people that put on lots of muscle work out a particular muscle group once a week. I give a two day gap in between weights for the same muscle group (i.e. Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, etc).

I overtrained one time. I did loads of cardio everyday while working out the same muscle groups with only 48 hours without eating enough to maintain a particular weight. I'm 5'10" and dropped down to 145 and didn't feel well. I felt best (although wasn't as cut) at 165. Right now I'm at 170 and have to burn some more fat...

7. REMIX

5'10"

I lift within the time constraints I have.

I lift M, T off W, then again TH, F & Sa off Su

One muscle group once per week.

RMX

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Personally, I think you are in a good range now. It's less a matter of weight and more a matter of % of body fat. Even that percentage can vary with what your goals are. Some people will want to get down to a very low body fat percentage, but keep in mind that if you get sick your body will not have the stores to work off of. So, a little extra percent might not be a bad thing for the average person.

9. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    You are only 2 pounds lighter than me and half inch shorter than me. I feel great at 170lb, at the end of the day its all about lean muscle, feeling good and looking great. You are not going overboard and dont listen to others. I workout 6 days a week and my extended family thinks I am crazy. This is coming from a culture where if you are fat you are considered healthy! Keep up the good work.

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Simple:

Slowly stay lifting the same weight and even out you max with out going over. Focus more on more reps. For ex, if you are doing 10 reps with 80lbs dumb bells, stay at that and now start doing 15 reps. Key is same weigh, build up the reps.

As for diet, start slowly eating more. When I say more, eat more GOOD foods, not more junk or fat.

Keep the protein powder but hold off on any stimulants you may be taking other than say a cup or two of coffee a day.

And if you are maxing out on vitamins, stop and only take a centrum or a flintstones once a day. Over loading with Vits will cause your body to burn through water and energy flushing them out. The other down side to this is your body will also be flushing out and extra good stuff you could be needing such and Test and protein.

Remember, a lot of people will be insulted by your new look if you look substantially better than they do. So they may tell you you are too thin. I am the same hight and fairly built and only about 10lbs heaver than you are.

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Could you post up your diet again. You may want to just add in 200 more calories or so. Just hover between 2000-2500 a day.
    I would drop working out Saturday. I would do a 4 day week routine. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday. Off Wed, Sat, and Sunday.

Go out an buy clothes that "FIT" you. You may still be buying jeans a size too big, and shirts a size too big. By wearing the bigger clothes, you give the appearance of looking skinnier than you are. Even unhealthy to some.

I wouldn't go with what other say. They aren't you, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they don't attempt to take care of themselves as well as you do? They're also not use to you being healthy and fit. They're use to the bigger you. In time they'll adjust.

I'd also get your body fat measured again. To get an idea of where you stand.