SMACK DOWN!! ATTENTION LAMBO GUYS!! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

SMACK DOWN!! ATTENTION LAMBO GUYS!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by zsnnf, Mar 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JChoice

JChoice Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    JC
    Buttonwillow is great. I think most weekends are taken

How about California Speedway?

I'm in w/ the 360.

2. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    Damn, so many self proclaimed bench racers crawled out from under the rocks, nice and refreshing to see such youthfull spirit blowing from so many chatterboxes owners. Who's up to race Mullholand with me tonight ? :D

3. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just say when.. after talking with Dave it sounds like you might do pretty well in my backyard course. :D

4. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Allan
    They're talking about twisties here, not the 1/4 mile. You need driving skill as well as a quick car for this ;)

5. cicatrix

cicatrix Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    USA 1
    Actually, I don't live to ONLY quote magazine stats so no. I just figured I'd make it easy and come to you.

But if I DID want a magazine, would you buy it for me yourself or would you need to call all of your fast friends to come bail you out of your five dollar dilemna?

6. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    You mean Mulholland Raceway ? :D

Anytime after midnight and preferably after rain when it's real wet and dump. ;)

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Clax

Nine months ago I issued a challange to any Lambo Power members to Join me and my cars (The newest Ferrari, excepting my Enzo which I'll discuss in a moment, I own is 39 years old) to show up and have a go at 1100 KMS 8000 turns over five days and none did. Several FChatters have and will be there.

As for showing up in California as there is no Lambo existant of the same age as my Ferrari's that I couldn't blow far, far, away what would the point be?
    Do you seriously think a 1967 Lambo is going to keep up with my P4?

As my Enzo is being very heavily modded it and costs a bit more than a new M it wouldn't be a fair race either so what would the point of that be?

Enough of me. How about you? You gonna bring your G to race a 360?
    That would be a fair race.

8. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

keep it off the street.

9. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

No! Call it Targa Florio.

10. cicatrix

cicatrix Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    USA 1
    Bad TRACK record there, no?

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I keep it off the street (err.. now), thank you. I'm just messing with Joe (if I was seriously going to race him I'd probably need to get my head checked).

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Just wondering how you guys are gonna factor in the driver's skill/ability/experience?

13. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    #163 rakjoe, Mar 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Same here, street racing is a no-no in my book.
    I hung up my street racing suit years ago the day I got rid of my last street bike, I get my kicks on the track alright.
    For the track I choose between my 996TT or 911SC and a GT3 CUP that I race ocasionaly in Rolex Cup.
    I had the Murcie in WS once, it is definatly not my car of choice to go racing.
    Me at CalSpeedm last year:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    Sorry yourself Charlie, but you need to YOUR facts straight!
    -ALL 2006 Z06 engines are and always have been hand built
    -Tires were NOT shaved...the were the Goodyear OEM Runflats
    -The suspension was NOT tweaked
    -The team driver was Jan Magnuson

I can show all of the above to you in writing, both by GM and by Magnuson himself!! The question is, can you show me in writing (and I mean reputable
    writings) your claims? And as far as Z06 lovers making the car bigger than it really is....the car is over 500hp, built along the lines and technology of the C6R, has fabulous handling, will outrun almost anything on the street or track,
    is simple and inexpensive to service, gets 18-26 mph, is the only car in the world 0ver 500HP that does not qualify for a gas guzzler tax, and sells for $65,800 to $71,300 US DOLLARS. Yes....this car is as big as it really is.
    And if that is Damn Annoying to you, than so be it.

15. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Simple... you can't.......

16. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Well, at this point, it is going to be up to an individual to make this happen. Hopefully a track will be able to be booked. It would be great to get the Horses and Bulls together for a great day of driving and comradarie.

LETS HOPE!

Darrell.

17. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    They spent over 2 weeks out there with the car. Get over yourself. The Z06 is a great car for the money, albeit a car I would never own.

18. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Out of sheer curiosity, as you continue to spew nonsense from your behind, was your P4 a street car in 1967 or a race car?

As for the trackday, im pretty sure I have a line on someone who will be willing to show up with their Gallardo SE, along with a regular Gallardo owner.

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My P 3/4 was street legal then and it's street legal now. It had a licence plate then and it has one now. I realize Lambo has never built a race car that won any major race ever but in 66 there were Lambo powered race cars that ran in the same class as the P3's and you're welcome to show up in one of those. The result will be the same as it always has been for Lambo in real racing. Far, Far, behind. If you feel a 66 Lambo race car is unfair against a 67 P4 I'll bring my 412P which has less hp than the 66 P3's the Lambo Powered cars raced against. In the day the Lambo powered cars never finished a single race that I'm aware of perhaps they'll do a bit better this time. If a suitable Lambo shows up I'll be there.

G SE vrs 430. Reg G vrs. 360 seem fair to you? Seems fair to me. Other fair matchup's seem Eric's GTR driven by BMW vrs.
    Rick in his F 40. M vrs. 575. 07 M vrs. 599. TR vrs CT. 308 vrs Jalpa. What do you think?

20. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    You obviously know that none of us owns the cars you relate to. Personally myself, im not into old cars, they just dont do it for me. You may have gotten your P4 to be street legal, but that is not the real case.

G SE vrs 430. Reg G vrs. 360 seem fair to you? Seems fair to me. Other fair matchup's seem Eric's GTR driven by BMW vrs.
    Rick in his F 40. M vrs. 575. 07 M vrs. 599. TR vrs CT. 308 vrs Jalpa. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what ive been saying all along. As for Erics GTR, he has already declined, we asked.

But as of now, I can gaurentee we will show up with atleast:
    1 Murci
    1 Gallardo
    1 Gallardo SE
    Hopefully 1 Gallardo Spyder MINE
    1 Countach Vinnies
    and Im sure we can round up a Diablo or 2.

If we could schedule this close to Concourso time at Monterey, i think we could get alot more people to show, including BMWRACER.Also by then, ill most likely have another Murci.

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    "You obviously know that none of us owns the cars you relate to. Personally myself, im not into old cars, they just dont do it for me. You may have gotten your P4 to be street legal, but that is not the real case.

Rick in his F 40. M vrs. 575. 07 M vrs. 599. TR vrs CT. 308 vrs Jalpa. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what ive been saying all along. As for Erics GTR, he has already declined, we asked.

But as of now, I can gaurentee we will show up with atleast:
    1 Murci
    1 Gallardo
    1 Gallardo SE
    Hopefully 1 Gallardo Spyder MINE
    1 Countach Vinnies
    and Im sure we can round up a Diablo or 2.

If we could schedule this close to Concourso time at Monterey, i think we could get alot more people to show, including BMWRACER.Also by then, ill most likely have another Murci."

That's a good line up. I think the ball is back in the FChat court.

FChat needs a 575, a 360, a 430, a 430 Spyder and a TR. Daiblo Vrs 360cs? What's fair?

All crap aside I think this would make for an interesting day.

22. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Just make sure that this happens on a day that I can be there for video and pics. :D

23. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

hmmmmm !

24. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005