Show Your Boat | Page 73 | FerrariChat

Show Your Boat

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 4RE886, Mar 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Very nice.

What kind of power?

2. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Twin 250 Yamaha.

MB

Island Time likes this.
  3. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Nice

4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My 2 boats: A 2020 Zodiac Open 5.5 RIB and a 2017 Jeanneau 855 Merry Fisher Marlin

The Story:

I was active on Fchat about a decade ago during my F355 ownership, then gradually tapered my Fchat activity off as the 355 got sold, a 997GT3 came into our garage and left a few years later, followed by an F360 Spider which followed the same ownership arc as the Porsche. Along the way, my girls got older and no longer had an interest in riding in dad's sports cars, so we transitioned to boating and camping as a hobby that the entire family could enjoy.

In 2020 we reached out to our neighbor who owns the local Zodiac/Avon/Sea Fox dealership and purchased a Zodiac Open 5.5 RIB powered by a Yamaha F75. The Zodiac combined with a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 that I had just completed a cosmetic restoration on became our adventure platform for 2020 Spring, Summer and Fall as COVID-19 restrictions curtailed all my kids' normal activities including in-classroom learning. My pre-teen girls learned to fish in the Pacific off the Zodiac, spot schools of dolphins in the Santa Barbara Channel, and become competent deck hands launching and recovering the Zodiac. The Land Cruiser has been the faithful tow vehicle and with a rooftop tent and camping gear stashed in the back, we can enjoy a weekend at a lake boating and cooking hot dogs in the evenings.

As we hit Winter 2020, the desire to expand our boat trips to longer stays at the Channel Islands, overnighters at Catalina Island, and multi-day trips to locations further away like the San Francisco Bay had us shopping for something larger with twin outboards, a fully enclosed pilot house and head, and twin berths. We lucked out and found a 2017 Jeanneau Merry Fisher Marlin 855 Offshore (27ft) powered by twin, low hour Yamaha F200s.

That brings us to today where we look forward to many new adventures on the Zodiac we named Sea Monkey and the Jeanneau which is named Sea Monkey Too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    I.T. Guy and MWHC4S like this.
  6. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  7. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    No lifts? Do those boats just sit in the water all season?

8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    That's at our favorite bar ... We all have boat lifts.

MDS

AtSomePoint likes this.
  9. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Yours ???

MDS

PS: Anyone going to Desert Storm in Havasu in a couple of weeks ? It's sold out and should be a hoot. I saw Paul Tracy will be there in his new ( to him ) Skater 40 - can't wait to see it.

10. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Oh! I was quite jealous of you having such neighbors.

mikesufka likes this.
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    No not mine, from the Palm Beach boat show. The new mercury V12 was everywhere!

mikesufka likes this.
  12. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  13. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  14. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    I road in this 23 Eliminator Daytona about twenty years ago .... triple 2.4’s - I’ve never felt acceleration like that ... buried a 120 mph Nordskog Speedo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    vrooom, tritone, Wikdstrate and 2 others like this.
  16. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    mikesufka likes this.
  17. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Is that a checkmate on the right

19. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Hydrostream Voyageur ...

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Sweet looking boat
    What does it have for power, most seem to be v6 these days?

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Here's my salty water boat, 91 checkmate. Lots of mainatance over the years, but it does live out the water in a shed. That orig 200 merc still does the buisness, you can literaly see the fuel guage drop every 15 mins. Great boat for waterskiing, its fast when aired out and trimed down it can handle some serious chop or even light ocean work
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Owned it since new. For spectators at some local watering holes Its gone from being a cool new boat, to a old pos, to now a cool classic,
    Somwhere in the last 5 years people started noticing it pulling up and saying that, wow look at that cool classic. maybe its the 2 stroke that does it. Ill keep it going untill one day the mtoor dies or the bock corrodes through, then will prob look for a refurbed 225 efi to put on it..

Wikdstrate likes this.
  22. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    mine has a 350- you are right most have the 4.3. interesting story about the engine. when i bought the donzi in 2013 i found paperwork that allowed me to contact the original owner. he told me he went to the 1995 detroit boat show wanting to buy a donzi16 with v8 . he was disappointed with the sales rep when told he could not get the v8 and was leaving the display when a man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to come back , turns out the man was CEO of donzi out of sarasota fl. . he asked if they put a V8 in the boat would he buy it ? "yes - of course " the deal was made. the exec explained that " a v8 in a 16 foot boat was crazy and to be careful running it- people were getting hurt because of inexperience with speed. "

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    A V6 would never sound right in that boat.
    Im looking for a good 18 classic, or if you know of another 16 with a v8.
    Low freeboard lots of power and a rounded keel, definitely any number of ways for the inexperienced or foolish to hurt themselvs.
    One could say the same for many a classic car, no abs stability control etc.

24. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA