She cleans up real nice | FerrariChat

She cleans up real nice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Bill Phillips, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
  2. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
  3. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Beautiful color combo! How do you clean the leather?

4. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
  5. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have been hesitant to use products because the leather in newer cars seems to be polyurethane coated. Your interior looks so beautiful. Mine is cuoio and doesn't show the dirt as much, but it has picked up some dye transfer from jeans. So, this looks like you either use the top two products, or the second which is two-in-one. Thanks for the info. I use ONR as an exterior wash, with the two bucket method.

6. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 Bill Phillips, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    I’ve used both of those on the regular leather. I have the same problem with jeans transfer on the Alcantara seat inserts. I actually use carpet stain remover there. Sounds scary but I read several articles on cleaning Alcantara, and I apply the cleaner to a clean towel then scrub it across the seat center sections to get them damp then scrub again with a really good quality moderately stiff horsehair brush. After that I use a powerful vacuum to suck everything up.

I use car wash and a hand mitt from Sky’s The Limit products. Also two buckets. Then I went for a very spirit-lifting top down drive on some really nice winding roads near me.

7. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Is yours a 13 or 14? Have you owned it from new?

8. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    2013. No, I bought it almost two years ago from a dealership in Newport Beach, in Orange County, south of LA. 14k miles then, 18k now. It was very well maintained, with all records and a clean CarFax. I changed the motor and transmission rubber mounts not long afterward and took the inner panel off the right door to fix a rattle, but no other problems. I’ve been loving it ever since. You?

9. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have a 2013 nero over cuoio. Third owner. It started out at Ferrari Lake Forest (Illnois) and has come back home. It was always kept in the Midwest. We got it with about 13,000 miles and now have a little over 20,000 in two years of ownership. Just put in a new battery and replaced the motor mounts (very important for a Cali; I was glad that we got 20,000 miles out of them). We try to put at least 100 miles per week on in driving season. The car gets better the more it's driven!

Beach Boy likes this.
  10. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Too bad we don't live closer! You could give me some cleaning tips. Your car looks brand new!:)

11. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks, it was originally a ‘press’ show car for Ferrari North America and they did the spec, maxing out the options.

Beach Boy likes this.
  12. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I especially like the dash color. I notice your car has the silver vents. Mine are nero to match the paint.

13. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Silver vents come with the Handling Speciale option, but of course they can be changed to any color.

14. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Bill

Did your leather darken with the Apple products? My interior will be the same .....when the car shows up. Some reviews on Amazon say it darkens the leather.

Joe

Sent from my Pixel 5 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Joe,

I only used the Apple product on the dark red (Bordeaux, as Ferrari calls it in the spec sheet) sections, and I didn’t notice any darkening there. If you use it I would definitely test it out on an area that doesn’t show first. What’s your projected delivery date?

Bill

16. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Bill

Just don't know. I ordered the PF M in September of last year. They said delivery mid 2021. With Covid, dead silence on delivery timeframe now.

I am resolved to early 2022. They seem to be devoting production to the Roma.

Joe

Sent from my Pixel 5 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sorry to hear that, extended waits are a real b****.

18. Laci

Laci Rookie

Jan 13, 2021
    Winnipeg MB
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Kozik
    Beach Boy likes this.
  19. Bill Phillips

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name: