Seafoam green leather | FerrariChat

Seafoam green leather

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Timp, Jan 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    Hi there,

I'm re doing the interior on my sea foam green 1978 400A in California, and cannot find a source for a hide of sea foam green leather for the interior details. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I could find this ?

Thanks in advance .... my car will appreciate it !

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Hi

Is your 400 the one featured in the December 2005 issue of Forza? Beautiful car. If it is your car, a different auto transmission was mentioned that is tougher and changes up at 5000 rpm - do you know exactly which gearbox is fitted? Just for future reference.

I would think that Connolly or the factory might be able to help sourcing the leather.

Cheers

Aidan

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

4. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks for the lead on the leather, and yes it is the one in Forza. If you have further ideas ont he leather source please let me know.

The torque converter / gearbox actiually blew out on me and I had to replace it. I thought I could drive the box manually changing between 1,2nd and drive but it wasn't long before it started to slip badly. After exhaustive investigation into possibilities of putting a manual box in, I finally sobered up to the cool $10K+ price tag and I replaced the existing box with a new GM box, heavier duty turque converter and shift kit. I don't have the specs but can get them from my mechanic if you need. I also put an Audi alternator ( charges at many more amps which makes a huge difference ), and higher boiling point break fluid as I managed to boil the break fluid ( total break failure ) on a rather cool run up in Malibu, a little scary but no damage.

Cheers

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You cannot outshift the automatic....as drag guys used to say.....

I have used the GM unit with high horsepower...as you've found it can be tuned many ways!

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If none of those leads pan out, an old shop here:

Veteran's Trim on Lubbock street...they do the Jags , Rolls etc. here....

Three big warehouses on hand....

7. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    I might have half a hide in a similar color.

How many sq ft is needed?

8. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    The two side panels, and two stripes for each of the four seats..... about 18 sq ft ..... cheers T

9. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    sounds interesting, what town is that in Texas ? Or do you have a phone number ? Thx.

10. lazaruslong

lazaruslong Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    I've got a 412 modelyear 1988 with an automatic. What brand, reference etc is the shift kit? What difference did you notice?

11. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    I'd be very curious to know more about the alternator you're using. I'm about to rebuild the one on my 412. If there's a strudier higher output application I'd love to know.

12. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    sounds like a neat color, got a pic?

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sorry, I'm in Houston......I'll post a number tomorrow, cannot find the phone books , here!

I know when I need to match something, they pull sample book after sample book....

When we get close we take it out in the sun and squint! LOL!

14. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al

It would be great if you can find out some specifics on the transmission and torque converter. I don't have a problem with my TH400 but I'm thinking of taking it out to replace the rear main seal and would consider replacing it at that time if it seemed worth it.

Thanks,
    Al

15. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    I have to get the actual specs from my mechanic .... give me a week or so. But its an Audi alternator.

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Here you are if needed:

Veteran's Trim and Supply
    1616 Lubbock
    Houston Texas 77007

713 223-1049
    713 223-1553

Let me know if I can help....

17. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
    I also own a carb 400A and it is about ready from a 2 year restoration, and would like to know the information on the alternator.

Regards

18. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks for everyone support on the leather. I'll get back to you on alternator and gearbox specs in a few days. I'm trying to get pictures on this site, I have permission to do so but no matter how low I make the image resolution the attachments fail to load .... any ideas ???

19. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Do you get a message as to why they won't load?

20. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    I've never seen your 400 around town or up in the hills-ever go on any of the So Cal F car runs?

21. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    only 'error' in the attachment management window. I use a Mac, is that the problem ? T

22. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    I commute daily from Manhattan Beach to El Segundo in it and drive to the Malibu mountains on many weekends for hikes, but haven't really found out about the F car runs yet ....

23. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    #23 taber, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. Timp

Timp Rookie

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes! The picture called wweq(2)jpg looks the closest, the other two looks a bit warm, but perhaps they are pictures of the same leather. It is to match the light green metailic body color of the car. Do you have this for sale ? Can a get a sample swatch to check ?

25. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    It's the same leather, just my crappy camera does not do macro shots very well.
    I found this scrap piece, but still unable to find where the hell the hide went. PM me your address and I'll send a swatch, while I go searching for the hide.