SDL with new hyperflows, new rear o2 sensors, changed oil and reinstalled right temp | Page 13 | FerrariChat

SDL with new hyperflows, new rear o2 sensors, changed oil and reinstalled right temp

Discussion in '348/355' started by drbob101, Apr 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
  2. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Reset the CEL ? What is CEL and how do you reset ?

Thanks,
    Keith

3. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    CEL = Check engine light ! I googled question. I only have SDL no CEL.

4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Hi Keith
    If you dont have a service manual for your car and you want to even do the simple things it helps a lot.
    The CEL or MIL is the little icon that looks like an engine in most daily drivers. In the 360 i am unsure but it will be in the owners manual as well.
    An OBD2 code reader will give lots of diagnosis for the emissions system and some other info.
    In your case it will tell you a few other things that may help your diagnosis. Things like a misfire or injector problem to name a few.
    If you are getting a sdl right from first starting the car then likely it will not help as much.
    The problem is if you don5 7nderstand the system it is hard for you to tell us what exactly is happeneing.
    The nice thing about a workshop manuel is it will sometimes help you partially understand the system thereby better describe 5he problem.

5. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Thanks for the reply
    I do not have an engine light, only "slow down" warning.
    I have a service manual on CD. I have yet to find helpful info in the manual for this issue. I also have an OBD2 code reader. (no faults except minimum voltage out of spec sensor 2 bank 1). I have a basic understanding of how this system works and believe I could troubleshoot and repair with very basic info. ( Which input wire or terminal is positive and which is negative, what is the 3rd terminal, and need specs for input voltage, resistance, and voltage at specific temps of thermocouple) It appears this question has created a "soap opera" on Ferrarichat which created more frustration than answers. Ferrarichat has been very helpful in the past. The best info I read was a post by "jevs" and have not been able to find again. A flow chart would make this a simple repair. I tried a comparison of resistance and voltage readings from bank 1 and bank 2 components and found both to be similar. Again what I need is service info and specifications.

Thanks again,
    Keith

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You meanyou have a cel light its just not part of the symptoms we are talkng about correct?
    From your manual find where the cel of mil is and ensure it lights up when you turn the key on.

7. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    My engine icon light comes on with key on and immediately goes off when engine starts. The "slow down" warning comes on in 2 seconds after engine starts. (Timed) Exhaust still cold to touch. Obviously not caused by a lean condition of any kind. I feel certain that the problem is the thermocouple or it's ECU. I just need information to test these components.

Thanks,
    Keith

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    10:1, it's the SDL ECU.

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    This is from about pg 10
    Some good info tells the outputs

Next I am going to terminate the leads on two of these and actually install the outputs to the ecu. Clear all codes and see what happens.
    - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

10. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This proves the issue is electrical in nature. Try the easy fix first: remove the thermocouple leads from their ECUs and spray electrical parts cleaner on both connections. Worked for me.