Running 599 with bottom tray or pan off | FerrariChat

Running 599 with bottom tray or pan off

Discussion in '612/599' started by steve moody, Apr 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Cape Coral, Florida 33914
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    Does anyone know if it is OK to run a 599 with the bottom trays off? I am not sure about two things:

Will everything cool properly at reasonable speeds, like below 80 MPH
    Will the back bumper diffuser have too much force and get damaged by under car air velocity? I have the front center bolt in place that holds the diffuser to the trunk well.

I have the trays off so that I can clean and inspect everything on the bottom of the car. I want to take it to a shop for a transaxle service that is located 50 miles away.

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm sure someone will be able to answer this for certain. I would put them back on to avoid any damage.

3. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    That should not be a problem for that short of a distance. I drove mine around for a little while with the front tray off when I was waiting for some parts to come in. Just make sure the hose for the alternator cooling tube is tie wrapped to a structure so it does not hang down and drag on the pavement.

4. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Cape Coral, Florida 33914
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    Thanks for letting me know your experience. I did tie the alternator hose up.

Ducati348 likes this.