RR new SUV: A big disappointment for you too? | FerrariChat

RR new SUV: A big disappointment for you too?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, May 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I was hoping Rolls would come out with an SUV that looks better than the Bentley Bentaga. But it looks worse, like someone took a Suburban and tacked on a phony RR grille like the kind used on Chrysler 300s.
    Some shots on the net make it look like no wood dash, that's heresy or maybe it's an option.

There are only minor saving graces--the rear opera doors, which though American car had them once (Lincoln Continental is the Sixties) and the vertical emblems on the side which ironically look like Pininfarina badges .
    The two tone idea, with the bonnet another color than the rest of the body, does bring back something absent from America for a long time.
    It's not clear from pictures if it is a brushed aluminum bonnet or silver paint.
    The chrome bar over the license plate in the rear adds a touch of bling but I think Lincoln stole that long ago.
    The taillights are bland and don't evoke any Rolls history.
    The rectangular rear exhausts are classy looking, sporty for a Rolls but the inclined angle of the backlight is nothing new or particularly remindful of past Rolls.

The upshot is that the opportunity to make a world class style setter has been squandered. They won't tool up in the near future to make a more adventurous style.I predict it will sell so well that the first year's production will be sold out. so there is no need for new body style; if this one sells, But the chance to go head to head with Bentley was lost when Rolls took this too-American approach for my taste.
    Maybe I jut love Rolls of the Sixties too much....

of2worlds likes this.
  2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss