Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake | FerrariChat

Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake

Discussion in 'British' started by Flash G, Aug 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I've never understood the "shooting brake" concept. I think it makes decent looking cars look hideous. I've seen very few that were ever attractive.

Case in point...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake spotted in the Netherlands

We literally just left the eyewear store in Maastricht when we saw a car on the other side of the highway that shouldn't exist. Should we turn around for a different frame or is there really a Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake? Doubts about our mental health already struck when Lucas sent us these photos of a Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake in Eijsden, Netherlands. So anyway!

So a Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake. A kind of station wagon variant of the Rolls-Royce coupé. It's probably the only one in the world, and it's not from Rolls himself. We are almost certain that this is the work of the Dutch designer Niels van Roij and his eponymous design agency. He was not yet available for comment, but probably not entirely coincidentally, his company posted a video online of a camouflaged Rolls-Royce Wraith Shooting Brake on the highway last weekend.

The company doesn't necessarily claim it's their creation, but why else would you put the video online? After some inquiries, it was confirmed to us left and right that the Dutch designer is indeed working on a practical Wraith. The project is hiding under the name 'Legendary 7' and the first spots of the camouflaged thing are already from 2018. After a considerable time of building and testing, the Shooting Brake was finally allowed outside for a fresh drink.

OTHER CREATIONS
    When seeing a Shooting Brake in the Netherlands, you can actually be sure that Niels van Roij has something to do with it. The designer is now working on a modern Ferrari Bread Van , was previously at the cradle of a Tesla Shooting Brake and is removing two doors from a Range Rover on order . The Dutch design house Vandenbrink Design is not averse to extending the roof line, they built a Ferrari 612 Shooting Brake .

WHAT IS A SHOOTING BRAKE?
    There is still some disagreement about the definition of Shooting Brake , but generally everyone agrees that it is a kind of station wagon based on a car that should not be a station. Usually based on a coupé. The German brands misuse the term a bit for their sportier station wagons, but we don't count those SBs. Well, you can save that discussion for another time - probably more about this unique Rolls-Royce soon.

2. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    I am with you, proportions are pregnant whale like, not a fan, but someone might like it...

Resales value could be an interesting discussion at trade in time.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Internet fanboys demand exotic shooting brakes far more than exotic car buyers do, that's for sure.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is ugly but I do like the FF and Lusso

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I wouldn't buy it but I rather like the styling. Elegant.