Rides for kids with cancer | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Rides for kids with cancer

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by fr8dog11, Jul 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    banned and I'm 75% sure who it is, talking it over with some of the local users to see if it makes sense, I don't know any of the KY users.

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jesus. Is there really going to be an argument in a thread about getting cars together for kids with cancer?

3. That's GREAT news!!

Doug I don't think you were punked. Mean spirited? Someone must know you better than I do.

4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #54 Doug, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
    Fastlotus
    I may be stepping out on a limb, but you are probably one of those guys that drives around in some fancy cars and can't even get the rear hatch down on their "exotic" after trying to show off the engine to some true car guys in a parking lot. You probably also own some Italian POS that leaves coolant trails in and out of neighborhoods that you are visiting while ruining a driveway or two:) Am I correct since you won't PM me with your identity?

5. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    He can't respond he was banned. Now about the coolant trail comment that kind of hit pretty close to home here :eek: I assure you though it is not me. ;)

6. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I know it's not you Aaron because the coolant trail leads to my house and there is an outline of a 308 permanently outlined on "my" driveway. The owner of the car in question still owes me a bottle of spring water that we used to fill the coolant tank back up so he could return home after we tightened his coolant lines.

7. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    What about the guy with the leaking fuel line in your drive way? Man I think the EPA would have a field day at your house doug!

8. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

Nope not me. Not sure we will ever know who "FastLotus" is. I am all for having fun, but I value Doug and Adam too much to play a game like FastLotus if it is a "game."

Matt

9. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I didn't think it was you matt. I think it's obvious who it was but that's for another time and place.

10. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Jon,

I am in. I changed my flight and schedule to chicago to leave late that week. If it doesn't rain I am in.

11. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I was chuckling because this reminds me of the "CLUE" board game. Mr. Plumb in the library with the candle stick! :)

12. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Ok Adam what time and where do we want to meet to drive down on Tuesday? I tried to get my buddy that has a 308 and a XLR to bring one down but it turns out he is not feeling well and won't be coming. I am trying to get him to let his daughter to bring the ferrari down but I think your wife has a better chance of driving yours. ;)

13. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Call me on Monday and I will know better on my schedule.

14. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I had a great time with the kids. First one I gave a ride to was named Jess he was about 5 or 6 years old he kept asking me if the cops were behind me :) The rest of the kids I gave rides to were great. The ride back with Adam was great it actually cooled down outside and made for a nice return trip.

15. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yes the ride was a success. Whole entire camp praised all of us. We had plenty of hot sticky kids all around. I never had so many finger prints on my car before. Oh well...washed her when I got home and good as new....except I picked up a small rock chip. Grrrr! War wounds.

I gave a ride to this cute little 12 year old who tried to tell me she was 13. Just like a little girl she jibber jabbered the whole ride. Never mention one thing about the Ferrari...she had so much to tell me about all the boys who she turns down. Little heart breaker...she knew what that meant! Made me laugh. A good bunch of the kids over all....they were fun. Makes me wanna be involved in the camps.

I think the Vipers were the hit of the show. Vipers just get all the attention all the time. very cool!

16. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Thank you guys for doing this. I ended up in Pittsburgh and could not make it as I told Jon. Sounds like it was a great chance to share with the kids. Again, thanks.

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    That sounds awesome! Makes me really want to do something like this. Bill any word yet about the Children's hospital?