Retirement Gift? | FerrariChat

Retirement Gift?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Snapper323, Oct 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    Should all of us here with F-chat create some type special account to purchase Shumi a retirement gift? Not certain how to go about putting that together, but it is an idea. I am sure he has enough race related items, perhaps a custom made F-Chat horse saddle since him and his wife enjoy horse back riding. Oh well, just an idea.

2. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Ferrari let him keep the 248 F1 that he raced at the Brazilian GP. I do like the idea of a retirement gift from Fchat, though. I'm willing to make a contribution.

-John

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

This is the dumbest thing I've read in weeks.

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Why don't we sacrifice a bull in his honor? Similar to biblical practice when people wanted to appease god. Like maybe run a Murcielago over a cliff or something...:)

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    BOO-HOO ;)

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    haha...good one!

7. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I'm down, just say when and where...........

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Nice thought, but I do not think you could find something to give to someone that already has everything. Write him a nice letter.

9. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    He's already getting one of the "world islands" in the Persian Gulf as a gift from Sjeik Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum and the Ferrari F1 he drove his last race with from Ferrari...
    No doubt Schumacher is a great guy with a wonderful career behind him... but the man already has everything... what would you like him to have? An F-Chat T-shirt or a mug??? :)

10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'd contribute to that .

11. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    +1

And that is saying a lot considering some of the comments I have seen recently.

12. Snapper323

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    Could you explain why?

13. Snapper323

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    And, could you explain why?

14. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    You want to start a collection to buy a gift for a guy worth at least $500 million? A guy who wouldn't know you from a hole in the wall.

I am sure it will occupy a cherished spot on his desk...

Why don't you take the money and burn it instead, it would be about as practical a use for it.

Or better yet, why don't you also take up a collection for Bill Gates? How about sneding Warren Buffet a gift certificate?

Idiot.

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I'd be happy to, but it looks like another kind visitor to this thread already did:

I fully second this sentiment.

16. Snapper323

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    First of all, Let's avoid the name calling. You made an earlier statement, without explaining why "you" think it is a dumb or stupid idea. I asked if you would be kind enough to explain yourself. You could have done so without attempting to insult someone. As I said in the orriginal post, it was an "idea". This is a Ferrari themed chat group. MS has been a heavily disccused topic, and will be for sometimes to come. Now that he has retired from racing, I thought it would be a good "idea" for this chat society to present MS a token of appreciation.True, any individual attempting to send him a gift would probably get discarded, or sent to charity. But as a group, who knows what the response from him(as you stated earlier, has a net worth of 500 million)might be. The difference between Bill Gates and MS is that Bill Gates is a business man, Shumi is a sports celebrity. Keep in mind, the reason you give your neighbor that has 10x's the net worth of you a simple little $10 bottle of wine for xmas is because he throws one hell of a xmas party, and you would love to be on his guest list. This attitude that he has so much wealth, that he doesn't give a damn about me, might not be true. It's the thought that counts.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Enzo Ferrari had the grace to respond to almost ALL handwritten correspondence, and at least on site member has gotten a photo back from MS.....

Just go with it...he's sentimental. He got all wound up when he lost the gold charm from Corrina he wore for good luck.

Next time I see him in the horse world we'll ride down for a new Stetson.....;)

It IS gonna be hard to top the F1 car and the private island, so don't go with that......

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What would you get for the man that has everything?

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A warehouse??

A museum???

LOL!

A good financial manager......I'd give him Napolis' phone number!

20. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What do you call the garage on his estate? ;)

21. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Send him a t-shirt thats says "Park it at Rascasse" ,"Give your opponents a slight nudge" and "all is fair in love and war and F1", and get it signed by Alonso, Damon Hill, and Jacques V. Or you could send him pictures of Alonsos WDC trophies and Jacque's and ask why aren't these 8,9, and 10?

22. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I guess he'll just have to suffer with ONLY 7...

23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    If he passes though North Texas again, I'll buy him lunch at the West Side Steak House.

24. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    And then MS could send them all pictures of his WDC trophies, which if i'm not mistake are more than all three of theirs combined.....

25. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C

Including many of yours!