News

Repair of the Fake leather straps 458 trunk

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by docf, Dec 17, 2017.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh G. Rection
    They look great, I think most concours judges would probably miss that they were not stock...as the difference is subtle.

2. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Took mine to local horse saddlery, was I think $25, used my oem buckles. Or as others have done a shoe repair shop.

3. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Houston, TX
    i hear tons of ppl getting these straps done at saddlery or shoe repair stores for like $20-40 for a set and reusing their original hardware but every time I call, the quotes I'm getting are like $1-200!

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Tim I got mine back about 1 week ago from a Saddle shop here in Central Fl. for $31.00 for the 2 straps (black) 458 Italia. Did specify my own hardware. Replaced the rivets with #10-16 x1" Black Trim Screws (Dormins).

5. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Any updates on the leather straps. I purchased the tool bag strap from Ricambi but now I need the other 2. (360) I have the old straps with hardware and could ship.
    Thanks,
    Keith Darby

6. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby

Any updates on availability of the reproduction straps ? (360) I have all the hardware and deteriorated straps that I could send if that would help.

Thanks,
    Keith

7. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Rookie

May 11, 2017
    California

Ghostdiver likes this.
  8. TCfromUB

TCfromUB Rookie

Nov 20, 2013
    How do you access behind the rivets after drilling them out? A bit confused on this. Straps on my 458 just broke, man that’s junky.

CH_348 likes this.
  9. CH_348

CH_348 Karting

Nov 10, 2016
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Chris Steinacker
    I am also wondering how to mount the new straps after having drilled out the old ones:

Just ripped one of my straps and decided to also replace them with nice new, black leather straps.

But before I get them out I’d really appreciate some Tipps on how to install them best.

Thank you very much for letting me know how you guys managed to do that!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk