Questions about Yamazaki whiskey | FerrariChat

Questions about Yamazaki whiskey

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by flat_plane_eddie, Sep 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    So I pretty much know nothing about whiskey but I have these 3 bottles and I'm not sure if I want to keep or sell them. From what I gathered from a friend who's knowledgeable one of the bottles is fairly rare (the 25).
    I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable people here regarding this subject so I figured I'd ask. The 3 bottles in question are:

Yamazaki 25
    Yamazaki bourbon barrel 2013
    Yamazaki 18

Any inputs regarding current and future collectibility/value of these? I'll most likely sell them but I have no clue how to go about it. I'm guessing there are some legal concerns if I sell it online and if it has to go to a licensed merchant, I don't know who the trusted ones are.

I'm going to keep the 12 year bottle for myself since it's not worth that much and I want to see what the fuss is all about.

Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Keep the 25 and 18.

The Bourbon Barrel is really just a collector's widget. Great to have, not as much to drink.

The 25 is sublime, the 18 is just as good but more approachable.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  3. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Agree. Very difficult to get in the US.

4. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thank you, the problem is if I keep them it's only for "collecting" as I won't be opening them up due to the value. I'm not much of a drinker anyways.

5. Ok, give them to me. I'm in LA too. :D

6. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    You'll have to visit the bank first haha!

7. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Wow...I’m jealous. I would certainly be interested in buying the 18. 25 would be a dream but I’m afraid to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Cheaper to fly to Japan and buy a bottle of the 25 where they are readily available. The 18 is available in many decent bars and restaurants across Japan and in the US. Hibiki is a “poor man’s” substitute.

9. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    My buddy asked me to pick him up a 25 when I was going to Japan ~3x/yr (pre-covid).
    Never saw one during my admittedly not aggressive search.
    It has a favorable reputation but I've never had the pleasure.