Quail 2017 | FerrariChat

Quail 2017

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SAFE4NOW, Aug 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Good Morning All!

Last minute invite to come out West for the 1st time ( for me ) and I am working on where to go and what to do ( Other than the 70th events! )

Where would one go to purchase last minute tickets to Quail, is that even possible?

Post, PM, e-mail even [email protected]

Thank you in advance!!

Steve

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Quail tickets, as ridiculously expensive as they are, sold out months ago (very limited). So the only way to get one is from someone who can't go and is looking to recoup most of their initial purchase cost.

3. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    You might get lucky on Craigslist in monterey or sf Bay Area one to two weeks before the show.

Face is 800 each this year..

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you for the lead / ideas!

S

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Just to show how crazy Quail's prices are, it was `just' $600 in 2015 when I showed my Dino. They've gone up $100 in each of the last two years and is by far the most expensive event during Car Week...unless of course you buy a new 2 or 4 wheel toy at an auction!

6. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

BTW,

Chairman's Club tixx @ pebble are $2,500 ea.....

Club elegance pebble tixx $750 ea

Regular pebble tixx $375 ea

I remember when the regular tixx were $25 ea ......

Special kind of inflation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The price rises are explained in part by the proceeds benefiting charity, but FOG Rallies have raised more money on a year to year basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Most pay-to-play events during Monterey Car Week have gotten far more expensive than they should be, but the Quail is the worst offender. Thankfully, there are plenty of newer, mostly free events like Werks Reunion and Legends of the Autobahn to offset them.

I haven't been to The Quail in years and likely won't return any time soon. Neat show, but simply not worth the outrageous admission when there are so many other special cars in the area that you can see for far less money. If you've never been, I get it -- do it once, but only once. BTW: Monterey Craigslist usually has discounted Quail tickets from those desperate to sell in the days leading up to the show.

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    What era are the cars from? I'd hope to see some swbs coupes, uo to Boxer, but time
    is so short at Monterey, I don't want to see new new cars that I can see at a dealer. Is the parking tough for spectators? The worst parking I had at Monterey was Carmel on Thursday when they have a show in Carmel of cars that will be in the concours. Had to walk a mile..

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sorry to disagree.
    Tickets for the Ferrari 70th Anniversary VIP Hospitality Cocktail Reception Friday eve and Saturday afternoon plus Sunday were US$ 850 each.

Marcel Massini

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That's good for your health.

Marcel Massini

12. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin

Exotics on Cannery Row is almost exclusively modern exotics. Oldest thing last year was a 308, and that was an outlier. You'd go there to see a Koenigsegg, LaFerrari, Chiron, or Pagani.

BEST place to see SWBs as they were meant to be observed is to go to the Rolex Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca, which run all weekend. The wee early hours of the morning (at least Friday) feature the road car and race car classes for the 50s and 60s sports cars, and you'll have the privilege of seeing 250-everythings on the track, and can get up close and personal in the paddock. Friday tix are usually cheaper and accessible. You prob can't still score VIP parking at this point, so go extra early so you don't miss the races while walking down to the track.

Otherwise, you'll be amazed to see plenty of that stuff driving around public roads. There's usually a Ferrari event at the Barnyard shopping center
    http://www.thebarnyard.com/barnyardevents/the-barnyard-ferrari-event-8192017/

and, of course, there's the Motorsports Gathering at Quail and Pebble Beach itself.

13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  14. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    So no Ferrari event at Laguna despite saying they are honoring 70 years? That makes little sense.

Anybody know how many cars coming to laguna?

15. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    #15 Balsamina, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Attached is the provisional entry list as of July 27 posted on the track's website. Ongoing trend of less Ferrari content each year. At the Pre-Historics today I saw a couple TDFs and SWBs, which had to be lumped in the same group as an Austin Healy Sprite, Mini and Ford T-Bird plus the usual Alfas, Corvettes and 356s.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    SWB's etc will be at Pebble see them on the road Thursday during the Free Tour d'Elegance
    At the Quail there are usually several interesting older Ferrari's. This year on the 1st hole
    Of Pebble Sunday Ferrari is featuring 70 cars that will delight anyone.

17. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    Thanks for the list. I decided not to look! I don't want to be po'ed. Last year there was 3 250 gto's 3 swb's 2 tdf, lusso racecar, sperimentale 250. My first thought was the field would grow since Laguna touts celebrating the 70th of Ferrari. I guess we will never see 15? Gtos on track at once like 2005? Can't remember the year but it was the most glorious thing ever. Unfortunately Thursday is not in the cards this year.

18. Akellums

Akellums Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Modesto California
    Hello,

I have one ticket for the Quail Event on Friday and can include a parking pass. Willing to sell for face value. Let me know if you are interested; [email protected]

Thanks,
    Aaron