Project CARS | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Project CARS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    **** me the AI is irritaing in the opening laps. They. Are. Mental.

Straight from current F3 probably.

2. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ok after having played it for a while now on a decent pc:

The AI can be retarded. It's as if they look at what happens during arcade online racing games and copied those driving styles. That said, they do actually attempt to overtake and block, which is applauded....I just wish they would tone down the aggressiveness in opening laps a tad.

The menu can be ****ing frustrating. Why, for gods sake, if I want to choose a different colour/livery does it have to be so difficult! Really not thought through.

When doing time trial, why can't I adjust setup or select one? I have to exit TT, go to garage, load setup, adjust setup, then go back and see if it worked. Christ on a stick...it's not hard! It works for other game modes, why not for this! Went top 15 on stock setup with massive mistake in the Bus Stop at Spa with the AM GT3, tried to test a different setup but having constantly having to exit the game is getting old QUICK.

The game crashes A LOT. I think once every 4 or 5 tries I make an online game or even just go to a track, the games crashes. Don't announce Pcars2 and leave it at that...this game can go VERY far buy just making more and more DLC. There's actually no need for pCars2 until next gen consoles...seriously.

when exiting pitlane at Spa, everyone his the outside barrier. Come on guys...that's a VERY simple fix and should have been done within a few days. It's been nearly 2 months and it's still there.

I haven't had it, but my mate has and a lot of others as well. After a pitstop, 4 flats immediately, and constantly. Makes long races impossible straight away.

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Patch 2.0 announced who knows when it's out.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Shame there's no news about an aggressiveness slider for Ai, which they said they would pit in...

6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Anyone have errors with Project cars? Mine is super buggy.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    **** loads. It crashes so often during loading tracks it's not even funny. I host often (I race with my mate so we talk over skype) and the amount of times we have to restart it is not even funny...it's either mine that crashes or his. Terribly annoying. This is one of the reasons I'm pissed they announced pCars2 already. Save that for next gen consoles and just a) sort this version out and b)just keep bringing (paid) DLC. They'll make a ****ton of money on it and gain more loyal fans.

8. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    The best way to find out what to do with the bugs you experience is to follow the PCars official forum. Everything is covered there and it can be a big help in solving your problems.

I too was surprised to hear PCars 2 was announced publicly especially with PCars off to such a rocky start. Again, by following the forum I found they won't be abandoning PCars for PCars 2 and in fact will have full support for the next two years along with adding DLC.

I believe it is possible to have people working on the current version and at the same time have a different team working on the PCars 2. If everyone stayed on PCars and they waited for two years to even start on PCars 2 it would be four years or more from now when PCars 2 would be released and that's not too good for business. Its really too early to get mad and I'll wait to see how it turns out. They haven't abandoned it yet and they seem to be working really hard on fixing things with patch after patch getting released. Really the big hold up is the patch release process and if that was quicker the game would be fixed quicker. Actually I'm happy to hear there is a PCars in the future and look forward to them taking what they are learning now and producing a superior sim.

On a side note, I saw this morning that Amazon now has the Thrustmaster VG T3PA-PRO Pedals in stock after being out for several months so I bought a set and they have already been shipped. Everyones seems to rave about how much nicer they are than the stock pedals and I'll probably get the shifter some day down the road so I grabbed a set while they are in stock. They had 17 left when I ordered this morning so if anyone is looking to pick up a set of Pro pedals I wouldn't hesitate. :)

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Honestly I can't be bothered trying to fix problems myself...Been there done that years ago (spending HOURS upon HOURS scanning through lines of code to fix problems. Should have spend it in the pub thinking back...). I'll stick with the issues until Pcars fixes it themselves. They're highly annoying but haven't put me off playing it.

Currently 6th fastest still on Spa (still 2nd fastest without any aids). Did a 20 lap gt3 race just now with full AI on 100%, made a mistake and threw my car into the wall so limped back with damage...still easily won the race. I'm not sure if I read it correctly but in one of their fixes they'll make the AI slower...(''Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field''). I finished 15+ seconds ahead of the nearest 2 (remember, I'm the only one that pitted) and was about to lap a bunch.

:(

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well, patch 2.0 is out.

1.4gb and it's still riddled with bugs. They fixed some...

Very disappointed with the company. Apparently if you complain on their official forum you get banned. Joke of a company.

Do enjoy playing the game, however.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    the attitude of SNS staff is just amazing:

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/ef/efc2bad0_Capture.PNG

They've banned a lot of people who posted feedback, anything negative gets the user banned and thread locked.

I'm simply refusing to buy any expansion pack, let alone pCars2 until this one is fixed to an acceptable standard.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lots of people are massively pissed off with Ian Bell and his actions. As am I to be honest...the patch made the game quite annoying. Single seaters are largely impossible to play with AI, because they drive like NASCAR...violent moves and constant crashes sucks the life out of it.

Now, if you put your wheels a tiny bit over the line you get 5 or 10 second penalties, utterly ridiculous.

It's funny that Assetto Corsa with a tiny team and budget managed to make a better game overall IMO. I'll be waiting for their new upgrade (Zandvoort and a few cars) and probably return to it...

13. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Wow.. that's incredible. Surely he must be accountable to someone?

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No idea. I've looked over at the forum and anyone that makes a valid, constructive comment gets called an idiot, moron or something or other and banned.

15. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I gave up on Project Cars. Way too buggy and always crashes. I constantly have to ctrl+alt+delete.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I finally broke down and purchased the console version of the game (for PS4), expecting the worst. While I will say that, graphically, I think Drive Club (free on Playstation Plus this month) is a better looking game (and has Ferrari's wonderfully rendered) the driving physics of Planet Cars are much better than I anticipated. Drive Club is an arcade game, similar to the Project Gotham series, so there is no real comparison there from a physics standpoint. Based on GT6 and Forza 6/FH2, I think the sense of control is unmatched...perhaps too tame? On the other games, the Nordschliefe always felt like a mistake was virtually inevitable because the cars were so squirrelly going around high-speed corners. First voyage onto the Nordschleife in an Audi R8 produced a 7:14 time with no off moments. The car was planted going into the high speed corners the entire time.

So far, no glitches but the game has updated twice since I purchased it so maybe things have been ironed out.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    PS4 version is bugged a lot less. Played it on the PS4 the other day and the physics compared to PC are really not as good...

I've been playing Assetto Corsa again, of which all track are laserscanned. The pCars version of the Norschleife still has some odities in there that aren't there in AC/Real Life.

AC is definitely not a game that you can pick up and be reasonably quick at (with all aids off) for most.

18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Still waiting for 2.0 patch on X1 :(

I hope the developers from AC learn from this mess when they release the console version next year :eek:

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    2.0 is still ****. I play H1Z1 atm, which is in alpha build right now, and that's less buggy.

I played pCars for the first time today in over a week. whatever you do, don't do single seaters, basically...the AI still uses you as bumper cars and your race is ****ed immediately.

20. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Project CARS - Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion on Steam

Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion Pack - 004 is $5.49.

The first Track Expansion for Project CARS includes Prototype and GT cars from Audi, and a new location to race at: New Zealand motor racing circuit Ruapuna Park…
    • Ruapuna Park GP
    • Ruapuna Park Club
    • Ruapuna Park Outer Loop
    • Ruapuna Park A Circuit
    • Ruapuna Park B Circuit
    • Audi R8 LMP900
    • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
    • Audi 90 IMSA GTO
    Find out more at On Demand - Project CARS

21. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Got the new DLC today and tried a couple of the cars.

The Audi R8 LMP900 is fast and fun to drive but not much in the sound department.
    It drives really smooth. I like the Oreca Nissan better as it drives rougher and you have to drive it.

I tried the Audi 90 IMSA GTO at Mazda Raceway and it was fun. Haven't driven something like that yet in PCars so it was a nice change. Not particularly challenging as I was able to drive from last to first in a 25 car field and 10 lap race. In comparison I strain get a top five in the Zakespeed Capri and I've driven that several times.

Haven't tried the other two Audis yet and probably won't try the new track as it looked boring to me.

While waiting for all the bugs to get worked out I've been spending my time setting up five or six quick races on different style tracks with different cars. Then I finish up doing a time trial at the ring in a prototype continuing to improve on my time. That alone is enough to keep me busy and is a ton of fun.

What I want most of all from PCars is Daytona with road course and Sebring. Add a few ovals and I will be super happy. I think I'm in for a long wait though. With Forza 6 dropping in September it will be interesting to see how bland the driving might be after experiencing PCars.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't understand why they make us pay for DLC but the game is still bugged. Not a **** I'm paying for stuff now until they fix it.

I think with patch 2.0 the cars got slower...at 100% AI, in the rain at Spa with the Formula B I'm 3+ seconds a lap faster than the next quickest. I don't think they where this slow before...

23. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I understand there are a lot of people including you that are unhappy with PCars.

PCars was released far from perfect and they still have a lot of bugs to address.
    I believe there is patch 2.5 out for PC only and all three platforms are close to getting patch 3.0 and they will keep working until all the issues are fixed and the sim is running as we all hoped it would. The fixes would come much quicker if MS wasn't so slow with their part of the process.

I'm fine with it all and I'm that way because of my perspective.

I first heard about PCars and it would only be a PC release and I was disappointed because I have the Xbox 1. Oh well what can I do. Then I heard they were going to release it on the xbox 360. Wished it would be on the Xbox 1 and they finally announced it would be coming to the Xbox 1. Now all I had to do is wait and wait and the release date kept getting pushed back two or three times. I waited patiently.

In May it was finally released on all three platforms. Clearly it wasn't ready.

Even though it had a lot of bugs at the time of launch it also had a lot of things that you could still enjoy in it. Here is where one's perspective comes into play. I choose to look at it like this.

They could have pushed the release date back yet again and maybe again until it was working perfectly and during that time I would have nothing to play. The way it is now I am having a blast getting what I can out of PCars now while I wait for the other stuff to get fixed so I can venture online and other stuff.

If I had the choice of playing parts of it now and wait for the rest to get fixed or wait three or four more months with not playing at all, I choose playing now and I'm happy with that. I would not be happy if the game was released buggy and left like that but that surly isn't the case as they are working as hard and as fast as they can to get the sim to where we all want it to be.

This situation is a matter of perspective. Is the glass half full or half empty. Do you want to be happy for what you have or mad for what you don't have. I'm not a complainer or whiner and I try to look at things positively. To get the best out of what I have. I want to be happy not miserable and I try not to sweat the small stuff and that is what PCars is to me. I'm going to enjoy what I can out of it, wait patiently, actually I don't even think about the fixes that are sure to come, and just have some fun with it.

All my posts in this thread are about the fun I'm having and most of yours are about how mad you are with it. See the two perspectives. You are focused on the down side and I'm focused on the up side. I'm having fun and you're not. That is by our choice. :)

As for the DLC you are not " made " to buy it. If the DLC was needed to participate in certain events or complete something that would be one thing. The DLC is offered to us to buy if we want to add more to the sim and I welcome it. I'd spend $100 right now for my favorite tracks and cars to be added to PCars and that's saying a lot because I don't have a $100 to throw around. I bought the DLC yesterday and enjoyed the new cars.

I don't know about your experience with the AI after the 2.0 patch because I don't do that type of race but for me it was the opposite because in the half dozen of the quick races I like to do the AI got quicker so I had to dial the strength down a notch.

Sorry for the long read but I wrote all that because I truly wish you could find a way to enjoy what you have for now and hopefully something I wrote will help give you a different perspective. :)

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree that the game is usable without the DLC, I.E. you can still enter servers even if you don't have the cars, so they don't force you to buy it...but what I mean is, instead of focussing on DLC they should put their focus fully on making the game actually usable.

25. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Your point would make sense if SMS studios were just ten people in a room and they all worked on the same thing at the same time. That isn't the case as they have many different people working on different parts of PCars. The people that model the cars are most likely not the same people that write the code. The people that work in the sales and marketing department probably aren't working on bug fixes and so on. I'm confident the people that are necessary to fix the bugs are working on them. I have no problem with people that don't have the skill to do that work go ahead and work on other aspects of the game or even move on to PCars 2 if they are no longer needed on PCars.

When I downloaded the new DLC yesterday it was only 8.8 MB which suggests it was only a " key " to unlock the content which I most likely already had on my Xbox either from the original game download or from a previous patch. That suggests the new DLC was actually created a long time ago. Think about that for a second.... it is possible that the new DLC with those cars and the track with several variants was actually done and included in the game when it sold. That means not a single person was creating or working on it when the sim dropped and all the bugs began to surface. That right there would negate your concern in your post about releasing DLC. ( Please don't go on about how if it was done it should have been included in the game at launch :) )

Perhaps there is more already done. I'm sure they are working on stuff like the ovals but I don't believe those DLC people are the same ones that fix the bugs and if there is someone that does both I would think they would put them on the more pressing issue of fixing bugs.

Maybe at the time PCars released in May they already had several months of DLC completed and scheduled to release in a timely manner and no work on them has to be done at all. If that were the case would you stop that valuable DLC revenue stream that has no bearing on fixing the bugs. Maybe that extra influx of cash would allow them to hire a few more coders to help speed up fixing bugs. Wouldn't that be a good thing.

Another long post but that's the way I see it :)