Predicted FF bottom for early used ones? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Predicted FF bottom for early used ones?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by KY _Soldier, Feb 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Never bet against the U.S.

2. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    This is Manheim pricing - dealer only, wholesale auction numbers - not retail. Expect another $20-30k as an ask and likely negotiate no less than 10k over this number as a purchase. Dealers need to make money and the amount is depenedent on who resells it as well as it's geographic location in the US.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002

Yes insane amount of car for 150k...much rather have an ff over any new 150k car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C
    Agreed! was looking into other alternative cars in $150~$200k, nothing really beats FF....

Now it looks like 2014 ones with 9k miles could be sold within 180k range and 2012 being in 150k range

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If '14's can be had for $175-180 next year I'll def into one.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    why wait - just get whatever year u can find for that price today. they're all the same thing

7. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    It is wholesale, BUT there are people on this board or elsewhere that may be trading theirs' in for something else or just need to move a car. Given that these aren't the easiest vehicles to sell (buyers may want certain colors, options, history, etc) it can be indicative of what one can be had for going forward. That and the future depreciation means prices will gradually decrease until they level off some time in the future. For the discriminating buyer who wants exactly what they want, they may be willing to pay a dealer that $20k+ premium to have their choice for sure. But I only post it because directionally the numbers give folks out here looking a guide to have and perhaps a little leverage when buying.

8. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C

It def did for me. Submitted offer last night to the dealer for 2014 and 2012!

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    niiiiiiiice - good luck

10. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I made this account 10 years ago when I had my 996TT right before I got my RUF GT2 lol
    I had 30k miles on turbo, gt2 I got with 10k has over 50k now

11. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    As mentioned, dude this is abnormal wholesale.

Again is it clean carfax? Does it have paintwork? we dont know

There are still 12's selling for 175 on up
    dealers still asking 175-213 for 12's

Market is moving more on them now than ever according to my local dealer

That number doesnt dictate the rest fo the cars out there by any means :)

12. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C

Thank you :)

13. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C

That's awesome. I'm glad you are driving your GT2!

Yeah indeed it's abnormal wholesale. It's a leased car before maybe that is why it's considered less... The car I submitted an offer for (both 12&14), they are leased twice hence might fall under same category.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Two extra warranty years.

15. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C

Isn't new power warranty vs extended warranty quite different?

16. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    Porsches are built to he driven. Not built to be collector cars that their owner's drive very little in hopes that someday they will get back more on their investment if they have less miles on the car.

And a little off topic but what is it with Ferrari's Lease offer's that only allow less than 4k miles a year on a car before you start getting dinged per mile? I saw that the other day and about fell off my chair. Again one does not see that with Porsche Leases.

The Valuation of the FF is where the market is at, at this time. Unlike the Valuation if Porsche's newest GT3RS which are way overvalued and that some dealerships are taking advantage of their customers on like Auto Gallery.

17. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Asking prices are all over the map. Someone was asking $280k for a 2014 when some of the most expensive dealers in the country were asking below $220k not long ago. The gap between 2012 and 2014 cars seems to be less than $30k. Your trade in will depend on what you trade in for. For a new Lusso your trade in might be $200k for a 2014 FF, but for a 488 I doubt you would get more than $180k.

18. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Data Points On North America Asking Prices

Ferrari Dealers. Here are the low asking prices for cars with lower mileage (under 20k) and "normal" interiors (i.e., not hideous - my opinion, of course) and listed by Ferrari dealers:

2012 16.7k miles blanco/sabbia low-options - asking $164k (this car was reduced this week from $179k)
    2013 8k miles nero/brown reasonably optioned (CF, wheels) - asking $199k (no change)
    2014 9.8k miles nero/nero reasonably optioned (led) - asking $209k (no change)
    2015 7k miles blanco/nero nice options (including Homelink baby!) - asking $245k (previous dealer low was $262k, different car, however)

Comment - new low ask for a 2012 and 2015 from a Ferrari dealer. Several other 2012s have been reduced to $179k. Who is going to be the first dealer to ask under $179k for a car under 10k miles?

Lowest Asks (no limits on miles, hideous interiors, or dealers)

2012 25k miles - blue/blue/brown/weird/Florida independent asking $157k
    2013 Ferrari dealer above has lowest ask
    2014 5k miles silver/red (Audi dealer) - asking $205k (down from $215k)
    2015 Ferrari dealer above has lowest ask

Comment - interesting that some of the dealers are the most competitive on pricing - I would have thought otherwise.

19. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    If those are asking prices it feels like on a trade you lose $100k in year 1, $50k in year 2, and then it stabilizes at about $20k per year. You really have to plan on keeping this baby for 3 or 4 years minimum if you want to look at an almost acceptable depreciation.

Buying a 12 or 13 will keep you in a reasonable depreciation curve, but I wouldn't want to foot the bill for any of the drive train components so it's almost a must to buy a warranty program which needs to be added to the depreciation when weighing the value.

If you average the new car depreciation over 4 years your looking at about $50k per year or a thousand a week, the used FF with depreciation, warranty and non warranty service items probably puts you at $36k per year or $700 a week. This all without insurance, actual driving expenses or finance.

It also doesn't take into consideration that your driving the state of the art Ferrari vs a car designed over five years ago.

I'm going for the GTC Lusso and am planning to keep it for four years and use it as my daily driver, the more mileage the better. Just knowing its state of the art when I get in it to go do business in the morning makes the Lusso worth the difference to me. I really like the new interior and the added performance upgrades sound like they make a real difference to the writers doing the road tests.

Leasing may also be an option, it will be interesting to see the residual value used by FNA, and both the sales tax savings and irs deduction for a leased principle business vehicle.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ill pat myself on the back - I wasn't crazy after all

21. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Yeah but when the GTC4 becomes available and you see the interior in person you are going to order it and then wonder if you really are crazy after all :)

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'll get a lusso in a few years - I never said I wld never get one. just said I wasn't going to buy the first one on the east coast like I did with the ff

23. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Ha! Definitely not.

It is a funny thing, depreciation. I think that there is an argument that the rate of depreciation has led to....more depreciation because potential buyers sit on the sidelines waiting for...more depreciation.

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol its been known to be self fulfilling
    :)

25. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    I know that it is not a very car guy thing to say, but you can't help but wish you could "glue" the GTC4 interior into an FF.