Pre-Ferrari South 308 Test in 1977 Car and Driver | FerrariChat

Pre-Ferrari South 308 Test in 1977 Car and Driver

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by piratepress, Jul 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  2. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I was in Jackson last weekend, and decided to ride by Ferrari South for old time's sake (Spoiler Alert: The roads leading to it are still terrible and the homeless population has gotten worse!)

Aside from that, I noticed what looked like an abandoned '62 Corvette on the showroom floor and another car behind it (possibly a late 60s split window Corvette.)

Any one know the story behind these two cars?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ms tifosi

ms tifosi Rookie

Mar 4, 2014
    Pirate yes the white is a 62 327 fuelie that was restored from frame up in 1989 by us and was a car that dad took to some shows back in the day. It is not the exact car he had as a teenager but is the correct year and color. The blue one in the corner is a 67 427/435horse big block roadster that he acquired in the mid 2000's. And you are spot on about the roads, except Gallatin was recently paved, and the homeless situation is worsening unfortunately.

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have worked on both of those cars and if the check would clear, I would buy the blue on today. I just love the look and sound and feel of that car. Of all the Corvettes Mr. Wettach had, that by far is my favorite one.

(PS, They are not for sale.)

5. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Oh, does anyone know the VIN on the Car & Driver car? Or where it is today?

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    lol

I was thinking the EXACT same thing as I was skimming thru that article