PPI in the South Shore (Bridgewater, Taunton area)? | FerrariChat

PPI in the South Shore (Bridgewater, Taunton area)?

Discussion in 'New England' started by itsablurr, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Looking for a recommended shop to do a PPI in the south shore area, around Taunton/Bridgewater. I know of Boston Sportscar in Weston, or Aston Martin New England in Waltham as two competent shops, but wanted to see if perhaps there was another recommended place in the area.

Thanks!

2. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    What's the car, Matt? John Tirrell's Independent Ferrari Service in South Easton MA near Norwood is first-rate. He has serviced my 412GT and done the major belt service for my 575M Maranello.

Braintreebesttaxi likes this.
  3. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks, Seth. The car is a 348.

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Definitely Tirrell if you're looking to stay on the south shore.

5. jearle55

jearle55 Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    Is it a Blue 348 Spyder that is garaged in Quincy?

6. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    +1 JT at IFS old school Ferraris have been his life.

7. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    +1 for John Tirrell.

8. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #8 itsablurr, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    As a follow-up... used IFS for the PPI. As a newcomer to the Ferrari world, I wasn't aware of the reputation that precedes John as a classic Ferrari expert. He was great to work with.

No, but I did see that car listed. Wasn't looking for a spider. Any idea where it went? I originally started this thread in regards to a red/tan '90 348TS located down in the Middleboro/Acushnet area. Saw the car in person, and it ended up being pretty rough in condition, with some extensive reconditioning needed, moved on.

I ended up scooping the black/tan 348TS at McLaren Boston. Very clean and well cared/documented car.

9. jearle55

jearle55 Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    Hey Matt,

So I looked at that 348 Spyder in Quincy and it was also pretty rough. Hadn't been started in months, was in a small back make-shift garage, all dirty and battery was dead so I couldn't drive it or even check power windows etc. It needs a major, and the small scratch he made mention of is more like a big gouge in the panel behind the right door at a bad location, definitely would need minor body/paint work. He was asking all the money and said if he didn't sell it, he would keep it - however, I saw it recently back on Ebay last month. Oh and not to completely bash him, but all the pictures he posts in the ad are from the previous owner and out of date.