PlayStation 4. | FerrariChat

PlayStation 4.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mr. Francesco, Mar 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Has anyone else been following this? More than anything it's just speculations and rumors, but regardless I'm still looking forward to the next PlayStation console.

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm looking forward to the next-gen all together, it's about time we get some new hardware, current gen has been around for about ~7 years now?

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

My PS3 had 5 years warranty (hooray for excellent consumer protection laws!) and it just went out... 360's been around for 6 years now?

What will the next gen offer? What should the next gen offer?

I bought PS One in 1995 or 1996 (can't remember), and since then it's been pretty much the same, just better graphics. I want to see new stuff, I'm using my Android phones 2 $ games more than my PS3 and 360 combined...

I think we can draw a parallel to the car universe. Better graphics = More HP. But somewhere the fun went out... Back to basic fun, please!

Last game I enjoyed was Little Big Planet on PS3. I want more of those creative games...

4. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    #4 bounty, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    As someone who has owned and gamed on almost every system since the Atari 7800, my personal opinion is that this is the best generation in consoles since the Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis era - maybe ever. I disagree with the "just better graphics" comment respectfully.

This generation has seen some massive leaps - immersive and well designed online gaming, progression to a complete entertainment system with online TV content and apps, introduction of innovative and fun gaming peripherals that actually work!(wii, kinect, etc), integrated voice chat, and brought 3D graphic rendering techniques and stable engines previously only found on the PC to the console.

We have come so far.

For these reasons, I have converted from a PC only user to an almost exclusive console user - something I never would have dreamed of a decade ago.

The variety of both fun and casual, and serious and competitive blockbuster titles is at an all time high. I have a whole laundry list of back logged games that I'll never manage to play through.

For those that remember the early days - switching out games multiple times per day was normal. Now, with both multiplayer and downloadable content I can remain on the same game for months. I can also watch my favorite shows and movies, or video chat with friends without ever getting up off the couch. Amazing, really.

We've also gotten through the painful transition from 2D and video rendered graphics into a smooth polygon based world filled with great texturing and realistic lighting and shadowing.

I'm just as excited as the next guy for the next generation of consoles. I can't wait to see what they do next. But the last few years have been a great ride and a gaming nirvana in many respects. I have a group of friends who have long since scattered all over the country, but we get together Wednesday nights and online game together and have a blast on voice chat and in-game shenanigans. I'm positive that these friendships would have weakened or faded a long time ago without this ability to interact.

Thumbs up.

5. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    +1

The last 2 games that were actually "fun" to me were Goldeneye007 on N64 and GTA 3 and Vice City on PS2.

New games are wayyy too much work. I don't have time to unlock stuff. Just give me a cheat code to have all the guns with unlimited ammo in God mode and the worries of the world melt away.