Planning for Monterey car week 2016 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Planning for Monterey car week 2016

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, May 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    It's somewhere on the net, there's an e-mail address, you send them your SN and sign up and they let you
    into areas of Casa Ferrari that the general public isn't allowed into.

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Email from Ferrari doesn't indicate a sign up unless you want to test drive... Here:

Dear Ferrari Client,

All eyes will be on Ferrari once again as Casa Ferrari Carmel returns to Monterey Car Week, Wednesday August 17th to Sunday August 21st. Nestled along the picturesque Route 1 in the Carmel Highlands, Ferraristi can indulge in a grand Italian-style fête highlighting the best of Maranello past and present.

Featured will be:

- The current Ferrari lineup including the new GTC4Lusso
    - The Piazza, where iconic Classiche-certified Ferraris will be displayed
    - The Pit Stop, offering a full-service filling station and quick detailing for Ferrari owners
    - The Ferrari General Store, with select Ferrari merchandise
    - Casa Enzo and Caffé Ferrari, where Ferrari owners can enjoy authentic Italian cuisine
    - Test drive opportunities featuring the all-new California T HS, available by appointment

- Admission is complimentary and parking is limited
    - Open 9am-5pm, August 17th through August 21st

We look forward to your participation in what is sure to be another incredible year at Monterey Car Week. Please call Ferrari Support at 866.551.2828 or email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this year's event.

Best regards,
    Ferrari North America

Casa Ferrari Carmel
    70 CA-1
    Carmel Highlands, CA 93923

Casa Ferrari Carmel is supported by Ferrari partners Hublot, Veuve Cliquot, and Quintessentially.

SV

3. dgp

dgp Rookie

Jun 1, 2008
    Isn't location nearby Soberantes Fire? Is that portion of CA-1 open?

4. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    Just drove down earlier today to check it out. They are still setting up. The fire is further south. CA-1 is open to CASA Ferrari......at least it was today.

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  6. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I got the same email from FNA and it does not mention an email sign up if you just plan to attend. Test drive does require an appointment.

7. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    I also got the same email this year. Yet when I showed up last year they didn't know I owned a Ferrari even though I am on their mailing list. So I showed them a picture of my car on my cellphone and talked a lot, and they let me in. This year I thought ahead. They still didn't know I owned a Ferrari this year, but I had made a xerox of my automobile registration card before I left home. They let me in and said, "Great idea. Now you are in the computer for next year". I will still bring a copy of my registration card if I come next year.

8. lisassmith

lisassmith Rookie

Nov 30, 2016
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Lisa Smith
    Yeah that is true. It is like that but you can have lot of fun and enjoyment there in car week. I have been there I enjoyed a lot. Monterey is good place and including car week there are lot of other things to do.

9. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #84 328gts1987, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At the same place?

Was lucky last year to be there in the Cali T & 488 GTS Rubino...
    Will attend this year again, looking forward to this.

Can somebody please explain why all events during Carweek are overpriced? I am not complaining (drive a nice car ;)) but hate to trash money for nothing.

We attend Villa 'd Este every year and this event can compete to Pebble Beach Concourse. No drinks/food but same quality of cars (read: same ones) for only $16,-- entrance fee :eek: The sponsor: BMW
    Setting is along the Como Lake (stunning!) and in May (nice weather in Italy). It is a 2 day event, the first day for invited guests only, second day public day for "normal" rate. We attend both as on public day it is less stiffly dressed.

see: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-villa-deste/villa-deste-2017-best-concorso-deleganza-pictures

Does the PB concourse have no sponsors? If so, who is picking up the bag of $$$$?

Villa 'd Este:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Well, for one thing, $1.7m went to local charities from the 2016 event.

11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    villa d'este is nit $16, it was $700 in 2011. private event.
    villa d'erba is $16 and open to public.

12. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    This is correct, went to both for the first time this as a guest of BMW (I'd never actually pay $700 for a single-day car show, but that's just me). The Villa Erba portion is really just the same as the more exclusive show -- same cars -- but many more people and a different (but no less scenic) venue.

There are still a lot of affordable events (many are even free!) during Monterey Car Week, but there are plenty of event organizers that are happy to fleece those that are happily willing to be fleeced.

13. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Correct, but you have an option to chose (pending the size of your budget). It could also be an idea for PB, not? If you mind the crowd you pay more. If you are interested in cars and do not have $$$ you still can enjoy.
    For me the costs are steep, including airfare, hotel, rental ect. I am lucky enough to visit for the 3rd time but still I think it overpriced for many to see this spectacular event.

Question: The Quail auto-rally 14-16 august (see: Peninsula Signature Events) is it worth to chase it down somewhere along the coast? If so, does anyone know the route?

14. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Best free events (in my opinion) are the Tues Carmel Concours on the Avenue (~9am-4pm) which always has a wide variety of classics, and the Thurs Pebble Beach Tour de Elegance stopover in downtown Carmel (~11am-1pm) where all the cars present will be on the lawn at the Sun Pebble Beach Concours.

15. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

As another local, +1

Other lower cost events are Werks and Legends

The auction viewings are also inexpensive if you want to see a variety of cars

The manufacturer parties are free, but you'll need to get on the invite lists.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    +1

17. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    In Garage Unlimited, very close to Laguna Seca, a highly secure garage that can accommodate (2) cars is available for rent. If interested, PM me.

18. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Relates to Monterey Car Week:
    Last year, by dint of writing enough letters, I got to attend the
    Bentley House--mile from the water, appetizers, sales room where they tried to take an order for a custom Bentley (but didn't try too hard), sample drive in the Bentley of my choice

and

Rolls House, on the water, Great Gatsby type mansion, evening event only, more elaborate food, no attempt to sell you on the car; got chauffeured in a RR but only because I told them I was Old Skool and didn't have an iPhone to order an Uber

I think the way the other guests got invited was to hit up their local dealer and say "Can you get me on that list?" Let me know if it works. This year I've had no luck so far but Car Week is still a few weeks away.

Ferrari has a house, within walking distance of the first green of Pebble but they shut the door on me...maybe they are going by if you can prove you own a Ferrari...

At Pebble Beach concours itself there are hospitality suites for Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercedes, Lexus, Bugatti, not sure what other makers. Sometimes if you arrange in advance, they will let you in if you promise to leave before lunch because that's when the heavyweights from the company come to eat.

19. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    #94 bitzman, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They were more set up to steer you to a dealer sometime after Monterey. Rolls didn't have any such effort.

They let me have my pick of cars to drive; I drove a Continental and the company man accompanying me didn't yelp when I floored it for a second (tho how fast can you drive in Pebble Beach?)

20. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    what's going on with casa ferrari this year? seems impossible to get a couple tickets. dealership couldn't swing it.

21. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Last year BMW also had a hospitality suite right before the awards stage. I believe that's a `keeper'.

22. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

I've heard that Casa Ferrari isn't happening this year as Ferrari is focusing on their 70th celebration at pebble beach.....

23. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    It's disappointing how quiet the Northern California forum is about car week.

24. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1 !!!!

25. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    I think there is a lot going on and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. In addition it's Ferrari's 70th...

If you guys really haven't got much to do you can attend my paint correction and detail clinic the 12-14th August on the Monterey Peninsula...

Warning it's a multi marquee low key thing with a bunch of car people.. I'm providing beer and maybe some snacks...

It's going to be at my warehouse.. send a pm if you're interested