Pittsburgh Area Auto Shippers | FerrariChat

Pittsburgh Area Auto Shippers

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by leeber, Nov 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Does anyone know of a local auto shipper in the Pittsburgh area that is reliable, careful, and highly recommended to bring a car to South Carolina. Ive checked with a few of the well known companies, and they seem to want a premium for going off the "normal routes". I didnt realize Pittsburgh vicinity is off the normal routes. I mean, a super great city, Super Bowl Champ, Stanley Cup winner, World Series winner, and the list of greatness keeps going....I dont want to pay a "premium" because a truck isnt nearby. So I guess a local shipper with an enclosed trailer would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I will pay dearly, but just do not want to pay extra because a truck doesnt go that way.
    L

2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    I just used Nate from Total Care from Wheeling, WV area to FL a few wks ago. He is recommended by Rob Lay on here if you search. Be aware, they did not drape the car in plastic & there is some sort of weird film/residue on my car I need to wash off.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I would check out Thomas C Sunday. Have heard very good things about them and I know they are based in PA.

4. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    thanks for the suggestion. i will try it.

5. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    thanks for the suggestion. and the reference to Rob.

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Thomas Sunday(Harrisburg area) was absolutely top notch(and expen$ive) but he retired and sold the business. New owners are Charlene and Peter Black dba Charter Auto Transport, Carlisle, PA. I believe that Reliable does a lot of north/south East coast hauling.

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Applewood out of Charles Town, WV I think. They're great.

NbyNW likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    If the OP is still looking try Ryan Parry Classic Transport, (570)241-3336. He has transported cars for me and does a fine job.

9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    You have to look at the routes the carriers run, they are different some run North to South accessing to 95, others run East to West accessing 80 across the North and 40 across the South. Some only operate East of the Mississippi.

most of the transporters mentioned are good, when I was running Le Belle Macchine D’Italia, I used Exotic Car Transport out of Florida for some pretty significant cars. Things could have changed since I last used them. They run primarily the North to South routes. Please be aware that the North to South season is about to get very busy as the Snowbirds head south for the winter.