PHD Equity Partners Classic Car Fund | FerrariChat

PHD Equity Partners Classic Car Fund

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Sig. Roma, May 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
  2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Not a new idea. Havent heard of the success rate of previous ones. curious though. Jon in Delaware

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  4. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    2 to 2.5 million GBP is a pretty tiny fund (as funds go). It is a bit troubling, but at least it sounds like the cars will be driven.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know there have been a couple of these in last 15 years, can someone please please find some of these and reference how they performed? there is NO WAY any classic car fund could have lost money in the previous 10 years, but for some reason I feel like none of these previous funds were successful.

6. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    What do they say about a fool and his money ? Surely nobody would be that stupid as to invest in this ?

7. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    if it is a fully managed enterprise, there would be expenses invoiced for everything including clearing the air someone fouled while looking at the cars, leaving little for investor profit, especially if started at current market with only a few million in assets... the marque headlining cars are out of reach with a such a small starting sum, making headline grabbing profits not viable... designed as a car club with pooling of assets to acquire a few cars, adding a lot of sweat equity to maintain and bring the cars close to 100 point standards, it could have a chance of survival with the main thrust being the ability to have access and enjoy cars otherwise not possible... there are on going costs with owning any car even if it is hermetically sealed and stored in a vault, not all F cars have the high value appreciation of a very few

8. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I agree. I am asking for info, but I see this more as a scheme to sell certain cars to the fund (and those owning the vehicles will do well, and the owners can still use the vehicles), and I also assume a cost will be associated with the use of a vehicle.