P 4/5 C Sim | FerrariChat

P 4/5 C Sim

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Napolis, Jul 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cool! Embedded for you...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGZ0SlKD5s0[/ame]

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Jim, what was the process of "virtualizing" the P4/5C?

did they take physical measurements? photos? telemetry data? all of the above?

4. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    All of the above including using our digital files.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    cool, thanks! I've heard good things about Assetto Corsa but I didn't know what their process for modeling cars was.

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    maybe just the vantage point of the video? but the front end (in comparison to some real in-cars) appears to float/bounce more so, and some notable understeer there too (maybe just to hot into the corners?)

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This is still Beta. Our drivers tried it and gave them feedback. I tried it and was impressed even though it needs work.

8. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I absolutely love racing sims and the fact that I can see a car live at the track and then go home and experience it on a sim for a better understanding of what that car is all about.

You are very generous with sharing your experiences and for allowing this unique car to come into the sim world. It is very much appreciated.

I thought you had something going with SimBin for GTR3 and it looks like this is for another developer so I'm hoping you won't sign something exclusive and instead let as many developers as possible get in the game on both PC and console so everyone can experience it. :D

9. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I see the Gran Turismo logo across the windshield, will the P4/5 ever be in the game? Carl

10. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Several developers are working on it. When I get paid I'm going out and buying a pencil.

:)

11. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    :D

Several months ago there was speculation that your car would be part of a car pack for download in the Forza 4 game from the Turn 10 studios working for Microsoft. I wanted to come here and ask if it was true but figured it was business, none of mine and probably involved some type of nondisclosure agreement so I didn't pry :)

Us gamers have been frustrated with all the licensing agreements that often results in a particular car being exclusive to one game or a manufacturer like Porsche which was left out of the release of Forza 4 due to licensing issues.

Of course it all happens because of business and that's understandable. Most are looking for a ROI. It is very rare to find someone that isn't. You however seem to understand that the real value is the experience and even though it comes at great costs, you are willing to share it with others.

By not going the exclusive route you have opened the door for as many people as possible to experience something that you have worked on so hard and heavily invested in. Your ROI will come in the form of a million smiles and that WOW! feeling they get when they see, hear and drive such a unique car in a racing sim. Thank you for that :)

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    :)