Only in a video game | FerrariChat

Only in a video game

Discussion in 'Technology' started by axemansean, May 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    It is 2000... it is race #6 the European GP and Rubens Barichello is leading the WDC.

I reject your reality and create my own, one in which RB will be world champion. :eek:

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    MS must still be recouperating from his shunt at Silverstone back in 99 :)

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

PS: Did you get my IM about the 12 Hour ?

3. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    Yeah that's his excuse. :D Woot I got pole for the European GP!!! Albeit barely, apparently downforce is a good thing. :eek:

Oh I didn't get the PM... did you sent it here of HA.net or Honda-tech? I closed my account at HA.net so I probably can't get it there.

Sean

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No, axemansean is driving in Schumacher's seat.
    :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Each year I try to raise the AI level of the competitors. This year I raised it to 92% and guess what? I went from pole to dead last. After some tinkering I moved it to 88% and now I end up about 6th on the grid, which makes for really interesting races. It is amazing how a few percentages let these guy drive several seconds faster a lap.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    In my video game i'm leading the championship in my rookie year in a Benneton. I won Brazil in the wet and Monaco. I'm also outqualifiying the field in Canada by 3 seconds , lol. Wait, is that my phone ringing? It's Ron Dennis i should take this.........................:)

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm surprised to read about Brazil, Monaco and Canada. You guys are playing this in your own sequence? I'm following the real calendar, so I just finished Barcelona (coming in fourth).

7. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    I'll have to try playing along with the calender year. Although we won't get some tracks. I have F1 2000, the graphics and sound are a little crappier than F1 2002 which I think is the last one released here in the US.

Oh RB did win the championship, the very last race in Malaysia MS and RB were tied for points with 67 and Mika Hakkinen was in third with 66. It was quite a harrowing experience, in qualifying I lost 4th gear and I went uh oh game over. :eek:

Oh and the AI drives dirty... I went from P1 to dead last at Belgium because David Coulthard spun me out. :mad:

8. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    F1 Challenge was the last of the EA Formula One franchise.. Allows you to drive any season from '99-'02, and you can download the 2003, 2004, and very soon 2005 seasons complete with tracks..

I race with a bunch from the USF1 currently in the 2004 season.. We follow the real schedule as well, and race Formula Renault on the Sundays before our Monday night F1 run..

9. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    are these video games on playstation 2 or on the computer?

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I'm playing GP career challenge on the playstation2. Believe it or not brazil is fairly easy in the rain if you set the car up right. Monaco for some reason i qualify badly but am usually 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone else. Canada the trick is to brake way early. It's a really cool game but it's just way too long and involved, i wish i had that sort of free time, plus i restart whenever something happens on the starts to piss me off, lol

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Setup is everything. When a new PC game comes out, I download as many different setups as I can find and try them all out. It all depends on your driving style. So for Brazil I'm all set. Monaco I have in about 5 seasons of driving only managed once to even make it to the finish line. Normally I loose a wheel on some of the armco. Thoughest race in the calendar. Canada is hard on the brakes. I normally experience fading, so I run with max cooling ducts and try (like you) to brake early and give them a moment to cool off before applying again hard.

I'm playing GrandPrix 3 for Bahrain, Shanghai and Istanbul. But normally I'm lost in those races anyway due to lack of setups. And I'm bad/lazy to make my own setups.
    :)

12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Early breaking at Canada is the key, also taking a late apex for the first part of the "S" corners so you can straighten the second part. I usually turn the damage off for Monaco but the one time i left it on i still finished. I tend to only graze the armco. Practice really helps there too use all the laps they give you and try not to turn any laps at any other tracks so you don't throw yourself off